Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-04-2013, 05:29 AM

The Monster is back

Pereg had another major Grand Mal seizure about an hour ago. Now very Post Ictal and screeching her head off demanding food or something. Well she does not know but food shuts her up temporarily.

Have to cancel today's vet appointment - no point in doing blood tests when I had to give her double dose of Pb and 10mg Valium - and keep giving her food.

I think we are back to square one now. Today should have been Day 13 as last seizure was 2am on Thursday 5th April. And that was after one year and 177 days seizure-free.

The Monster is back.

Got to strip and wash bed blankets but at least she only lost bladder control not bowels or anal glands.

But The Monster is back.
Poor poor Pereg.
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2013, 05:34 AM
Oh Malka, I don't have time to talk as getting the children ready for school, I hope you are managing ok, poor Pereg I was really hoping that the last one was a 1 off, bless her, she was due at the vets today too????? hope she straightens out from the post ictal very soon, lots of hugs for you both xxxxxxx
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2013, 05:36 AM
Sorry you did mention the vets, i read the top line first and messaged back so you didn't feel alone, so sad x
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-04-2013, 06:04 AM
Sorry Pereg is back to square one Malka.
Everything crossed she recovers soon and it now stays at bay for a long while again.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-04-2013, 06:19 AM
Not even two weeks this time. Oh well - I gave her a double dose of Pb and then the usual food food food - I also gave her 10mg of Valium and then another 10mg because she had to calm down.

She has now curled up on the couch so maybe the Post Ictal bad period is over. Not sure because you never know with an epi dog. Cancelled today's Vet appointment and will phone again Sunday for another one.

I think - I hope - she is over it. Seizure itself was bad but only about 90 seconds which is good. Nearly two hours since then and she is finally quiet and resting.

It never goes away though - my beloved Pereg is epileptic and the fact that she went one year and 177 days sz free means nothing.

My heart is breaking for her now.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2013, 06:33 AM
I am so sorry Malka, I really hoped the other one was just a one off .

It never goes away though - my beloved Pereg is epileptic and the fact that she went one year and 177 days sz free means nothing.
No it never goes away she is an epileptic dog but it does mean something that she went so long before, it means she stayed fit free for that long once and there is nothing to say she can't stay fit free that long or longer again.
I know its so hard when your living it to be positive at these times, but she has proved its more than possibe.
Please give Pereg a gentle hug from me and Lily and sending you some big hugs too.
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2013, 07:02 AM
So so sorry Malka - really don't know what to say but you know we are all thinking of you and sending hugs to you both.
tokiayla
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2013, 07:38 AM
So sorry, thinking of you both x
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2013, 07:49 AM
Oh bless you Pereg xxx

Do her meds need adjusting, Malka? Might be worth a chat with the vet because, as you know, nothing stays static with the condition so they may need a little tweak to get her back to stable again.

I know you will be going through nightmares now with the post-ictal shenanigans and I hope you manage OK.

Thoughts with you both and fingers crossed that it's a long time before the next one if ever at all xxxxxxxx
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2013, 08:00 AM
So sorry Malka. Nothing I can say to comfort you really but sending ((( hugs))) to you both.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »