Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2007, 09:39 AM
dont forget to come back and tell us how royce is doing xx
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2007, 10:08 AM
Big hugs shona from me and my three try not to worry it may be only an infection.
ROYCE XXXDK
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2007, 11:15 AM
Funny thing in my mind is I have been involved with a dog who died of this terrible disease.What set my alarm bells ringing was the wee soul was hardly drinking at all,even after a walk.All he wanted to do when we got back, was go to his bed when we got back.When out for walks he would have to stop half way through a normal walk and rest for 3-4 mins.His urine was very clear and he lost a lot of weight too.
Shona the blood tells all and I say if your dog looks ok but acts strange ask your vet to test the blood.I for one have learned through this wee dog, not to have a vet send me home with a dog who looks healthy but is acting strangely.I will ask for bloods to be done.Better to be safe than sorry by spending a little,could either save a dogs life or prolong a dogs life through diet etc.
Tell you what the kind of work we do,what a wealth of experience you gain eh?Through not only your own dogs but sometimes working with op's.Wish you and big Roycey well and hope theres good news at the end of today.
MEGA ((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))
Lorraine.xxxxxxxxxxxx
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

20-07-2007, 11:49 AM
Hi Shona Sorry just caught up with this. So sorry to hear Royce is not so good. Hope Royce gets on Okay at the vet and that it is nothing serious. Comforting cuddles to you both. and a special lick from Pellow. E xx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2007, 12:08 PM
Thanks so much everyone, seeing the vet at 5.20pm its just all the waiting around, It seems like each hour is more like five, He has drank the whole lot bar an inch in the bottom again, I filled his bowl around 1.00am this morning I would think he has had around 12pints, in 12 hours,
I checed what his water intake should be on line last night, and they say around 3oml per 1lb body weight in 24hrs
I worked his out based on him being 47kg but he may be a bit more,
47kg =105lbs
3ml = 1fl oz

105lbs times 1fl oz = 105fl oz = 5.25 pints, so its around double the normal or a bit more,
I have calmed down a bit, think Im just to tired to get to wound up anymore, im like a zombie,
will post as soon as I get home this evening, hopefuly its somit silly and I will get a slap from the vet for being a bit rita hayworth,
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2007, 12:09 PM
were all entitled to get wound up so dont apologise for loving your dogs,xx zb x
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2007, 12:19 PM
Just caught this thread. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes okay at the vets for Royce. Please let us know how he gets on.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2007, 12:49 PM
Fingers and toes crossed here, Shona. Hope it's not as serious as you fear honey xox
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2007, 12:53 PM
good luck hope everythings ok xxx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2007, 02:02 PM
just talked to vet re :urine sample, they said yup if I could get one just before he comes that would be ideal,
James is so funny with royce, Royce being a talker,,,,of mamoth proportions,, He will only examine him with me not Dougie, he says tis ok I feel happy ish with you there but with dougie, he says he must reek to high heven of fear, He has got alot better over the time I have been with the practice, think he is getting used to him now but his face can be a picture,
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »