Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-06-2007, 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by zoeybeau1 View Post
my vet recommends the pups ARE vaccinated at 6 weeks,and have had her do all the pups this year at the 6 week old rule,however my other vet said depending on the vaccine used you can actually give the desease rather than prevent by doing them early,and the vaccine given is a combined vaccine and as a breeder i only want whats best for my puppies so i get the full health check there hearts tested all at same time and certifacates informing all new owners that this has been done,and my vet will happily talk to any new puppy owners,should the need arise.

my vet s wont vaccinate a puppy till they are 8 weeks old, and a lot of breeders dont give the first vaccination, if they let their pups go before they ar 8wk old.

Can I ask what you mean by your vet heart testing a 6week old pup, or do you mean, he just listens to their hearts along with the general 6wk check up , before they go to their new homes??

Just wondering??
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2007, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
[/b]

my vet s wont vaccinate a puppy till they are 8 weeks old, and a lot of breeders dont give the first vaccination, if they let their pups go before they ar 8wk old.

Can I ask what you mean by your vet heart testing a 6week old pup, or do you mean, he just listens to their hearts along with the general 6wk check up , before they go to their new homes??

Just wondering??

you have asked me that question about heart listening in before,and the answere is still the same ,i was suprized bout the 6 week vaccine as my other vet dont vaccinate them till 8-10 weeks,just because they get vaccinated at 6 weeks dont mean they go at 6 weeks ,i never said alot of breeders give the vaccine,if you picked it up wrong that not my fault, however my vet tells me alot of breeders dont give any vaccines,they just scoot them out the door with no checks of any sort,or vaccines for that matter, surely as mine are vaccinated and sounded out do that make me in the wrong for vaccinating them,the vet signs a full cert stating no heart murmurs,but they still need to be re-done by the approprate vet once they reach 12 months and i recommend there checked every year to be sure as heart problems can creep up on them,i also make a point of getting the hips checked as there alot of boxers with hip problems and alot of breeders tend to over look that problem,
i have said all im going to say in this thread,and am now going to bow out and leave the debate,and let you all carry on.

very enjoyable debate,thanks to the original poster,jackpat.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-06-2007, 07:32 PM
Sory! I know I have asked this question before, but I am still as confused now as I was

I assume you mean your vet gives your puppies a once over checking their general health before you sell on to new homes. then putting his name to say he has given them a clean bill of health.

As it is not posible to score hips or hearts at 6wks of age.

I agree with you, on the hip scoring of Boxers, their are very few if at all , any breeders who score their breeding stock...hopefully it will change as we see more and more of our breed suffer with bad hips.
Page 8 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8