View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
taflass
New Member!
Female 

28-10-2006, 11:07 PM
i have keep her away from her litter mates and she has sheets and towels in her basket to her her body heat
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2006, 11:07 PM
taflass, it would not be wise for us to give quick solutions under the circumstances as she is so little and ill.

You absolutely must call a vet right now. If your own has no-one on duty, just grab the yellow pages. There are out of hours vets available through almost every practice in the country.
It does not need to be the vet you are registered with, dont worry about that, and vets are more than used to faxing notes through for follow-ups and records to other vets from things like this and other emergencies.
When you ring one, you will likely be given an emergency number to ring where details will be taken and a vet will phone you back.

Only a vet should advise right now, it really could be most urgent for your pup, they can fade very fast from dehydration gastroenteritis, or whatever is going on.

It costs nothing to call an emergency number and you have nothing to lose by calling, but a lot to lose if you dont.

I know you are worried and don`t need me sounding pushy but please believe me, this is a situation which needs sorting straight away for your pup.

Please let us know what the vet says when you get a call back from whichever one you call ?
Kanikula
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2006, 11:08 PM
Its horrible to see something so small feeling so poorly Make sure you give her lots of cuddles and keep her rested :smt001

Just give her a small drink of water before bed time and keep an eye on her through the night and see how she is in the morning. If she is no better in 6 hrs or give your vet a call. :smt001
taflass
New Member!
Female 

28-10-2006, 11:22 PM
hi thanzx for the advise i have called the vet i have one coming out to me he is about 20 miles away , she seems to perk up and then goes back to sleep , she has not been sick for about an hour and half now
taflass
New Member!
Female 

28-10-2006, 11:22 PM
will have to go now thanx again and will keep you posted
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2006, 11:27 PM
Kanikula, I`m being a bit pushy on this one as the pup is not just young but small compared to the rest of the litter and dehydration from vomiting and the runs really could be very serious for her indeed, taflass has said pup is getting very weak already

Phoning a vet now - any vet - could either literally save pups life or at the very least give expert advice to keep her going til morning
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2006, 11:29 PM
Originally Posted by taflass View Post
hi thanzx for the advise i have called the vet i have one coming out to me he is about 20 miles away , she seems to perk up and then goes back to sleep , she has not been sick for about an hour and half now

Please do let us know how she is doing as soon as the vets been, will keep watching for updates on the little mite :smt001
Kanikula
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2006, 11:59 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
Kanikula, I`m being a bit pushy on this one as the pup is not just young but small compared to the rest of the litter and dehydration from vomiting and the runs really could be very serious for her indeed, taflass has said pup is getting very weak already

Phoning a vet now - any vet - could either literally save pups life or at the very least give expert advice to keep her going til morning
No thats fair doo's babe! Im just saying what i know but your advice would be best:smt001
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2006, 07:48 AM
Any news this morning taflass?

hope everything is ok.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2006, 08:11 AM
How is pup this morning? I have only just seen this but agree with Patch's advice completely.
I've seen puppys die from waiting till the morning, its not worth the risk with one so young and especially as op said it was very small anyway.
You can never be too careful and I would rather go to a vet unecesarily than risk losing it.
Different with an older stronger dog where you can withold food safely to see how they go for a while but not such a tiny baby.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >