Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
KennyUK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

17-03-2015, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
Kenny I know it must be difficult when you are alone and scared but try to remain bright and 'matter of fact' when Harvey behaves oddly so that he does not pick up on your anxiety .

I really do empathise, when you live alone and your only companion is ill it really does scare you.
My previous dog started having 'episodes', but they were due to her age related heart failure and insufficient blood reaching the brain.
Amy would go wobbly and collapse and I was sooo scared.
Luckily her condition was treatable with medication.

Try to stay positive...(hugs)
Hi Meg

Thank you so so much for the kind words and thoughts, I really appreciate it and its nice that you understand (thanks).

I'm sorry to hear about your Amy, that would have been very scary to see (the poor girl) but I'm pleased it was treatable.

How is she doing now?

I am doing my best to hide it from Harvey, I make a joke of it and just make a bit of a fuss of him.

Never turn him away when he wants a fuss or some reassurance but also trying to be aware of not pushing it on him.
susannah92
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-03-2015, 09:47 PM
Hello Kenny I've just seen this thread and wanted to say how sorry I am that Harvey is having these problems. I can understand how worried and anxious you must be and, although I can't really offer any helpful advice, I am really glad that you are posting on this site - there are some very knowledgeable and helpful people here who will help you all they can. I'm afraid all I can offer is to say I am thinking of you and of Harvey and will follow your progress - stay strong Kenny and look after yourself - Harvey needs you to be strong for him xx
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-03-2015, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by KennyUK View Post
Hi Meg

Thank you so so much for the kind words and thoughts, I really appreciate it and its nice that you understand (thanks).

I'm sorry to hear about your Amy, that would have been very scary to see (the poor girl) but I'm pleased it was treatable.

How is she doing now?

I am doing my best to hide it from Harvey, I make a joke of it and just make a bit of a fuss of him.

Never turn him away when he wants a fuss or some reassurance but also trying to be aware of not pushing it on him.
Hi Kenny Amy lived to 16 and I lost her some years ago. She was one in a long line of dogs loved and lost all of whom improved my life beyond measure
I have had two more dogs since Amy Millie who died at 9 months with kidney failure and Chloe my current dog.

I can live without human company but not without a dog..
KennyUK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

17-03-2015, 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by susannah92 View Post
Hello Kenny I've just seen this thread and wanted to say how sorry I am that Harvey is having these problems. I can understand how worried and anxious you must be and, although I can't really offer any helpful advice, I am really glad that you are posting on this site - there are some very knowledgeable and helpful people here who will help you all they can. I'm afraid all I can offer is to say I am thinking of you and of Harvey and will follow your progress - stay strong Kenny and look after yourself - Harvey needs you to be strong for him xx
Hi susannah92

Thank you for the lovely thoughts, I truly appreciate it.

I am also glad to have been pointed to this forum and I have had some great suggestions and lots of kind words for Harvey.

its just nice to find people who get what we feel about our waggy tail friends.
KennyUK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

17-03-2015, 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
Hi Kenny Amy lived to 16 and I lost her some years ago. She was one in a long line of dogs loved and lost all of whom improved my life beyond measure
I have had two more dogs since Amy Millie who died at 9 months with kidney failure and Chloe my current dog.

I can live without human company but not without a dog..
Sorry to hear about Amy but lovely to read she had 16 years of love which is brilliant.

Harvey is one of two dogs who have truly and honestly blessed and enriched my life. We (meaning him & I) lost his sister, poppy, 4 years ago also to kidney failure

She was lovely and the mirror of Harv, she was very independent and was the Queen Bee, where as Harvey was always more subservient to her and he always follows me like a shadow (even before his bad health).

I'm like you, dogs over humans every time but Harvey is going to be my last as my own health is not going to improve so I will not be able to pay for the medical care a new dog should rightly get and for his/her ongoing care.
KennyUK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

18-03-2015, 12:49 AM
The tremors have spread to his head...
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2015, 06:44 AM
Kenny hi ... I am so sorry to hear this. We are all rooting for Harvey and thinking of you mate xx gnasher xx
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-03-2015, 09:03 AM
Originally Posted by KennyUK View Post
The tremors have spread to his head...
that is worrying news Kenny , your friends here are thinking of you and Harvey....
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2015, 10:03 AM
Any more news today? I'm still thinking of you and Harvey x
Bobble
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-03-2015, 05:08 PM
Hi Kenny and welcome to Dogsey - there are some fab supportive people on here, so as already said, you've come to the right place for support.

There is some really good advice here already that shows how great everyone is here

Also, someone has touched on that Harvey is trying to support you and I think that is an important factor that I too was picking up towards the end of your opening thread. Harvey is trying his best to look after you too and I wonder if the seperation anxiety is because you two are so close he knows how anxious you were at leaving him.

Try and return to the routine he recognises. I'd have him sleep downstairs if he's happy there re the carpet thing as much as anything. In your position though and with just the two of you, I'd set the alarm for a few nights and just quietly check on him, to reassure yourself. Try not to distub or wake him and don't even pet or talk to him if he is asleep and okay. Just reassure yourself. Then after a few nights go to bed as late as you can and get up as early as you can. So that you are with him as much as possible.

It is also important for you to learn to leave him without getting stressed, no fuss, no bother. I do thing the seperation issue is a seperate issue and because he is worried about you.

My lovely Jack Russell who was my best friend for 18 years had fits from about 3 years old and as you see made old age. She would urinate and so on and I'd come into a terrible mess if she'd had a fit when I was not there. The message I'm trying to get across is try not to worry and stress (easier said than done, I know) and try and get things back to normal. Hopefully the fits will lessen or stop. How long before we know if teh meds are working? Harvey knows you love him and trusts you - but he is looking out for and worrying about you too.

Please as others have said remember to look after yourself as well as him. He needs you strong.

Good luck with all this, Dogsey is such a wonderful place to visit and you have our strength and support to draw on.
Page 7 of 62 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 57 > Last »