Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ljru1970
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-05-2012, 08:27 AM
Originally Posted by Tegs_mum View Post
I can just see you skidding

Teg chucked up sardines the last time he had it. I could tell he didn't really want it but ate it anyway. Thankfully he was in the garden although a year ago he threw up a load of fish in my front room on the carpet! And last week Hocus sicked up some tripe also on my poor front room carpet, that wasn't better second time round

Salmon is much loved in my house (by me and them ) and is never brought back up.
They always choose the most inappropriate places don't they! I have floorboards on the ground floor with occasional rugs, they always vom on the rugs

Do you give them raw Salmon? I'll give that a go, I'm sure they'll love it .
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2012, 11:57 AM
Jake once did that but it was only the head! Was disgusting... I now chop the heads off them
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-05-2012, 05:49 PM
Oh Lozzibear, the head is my dogs favourite part.
Being a very sicky dog I was nervous about feeding fish, but he loves fish treats, his dry food is fish and brown rice and he loves any fish leftovers that come his way so I eventually gave in.
He had it once a week for about 3 months, and then threw up, well that put me off for weeks, and he brought that up on the bedroom carpet. Can't imagine standing in it, I would have been gagging! Made my stomach turn reading this. Pathetic I know.
Also bought a 'sea brem' I think it was called, and he refused to touch it, was bloody expensive as well.
His favourite seems to be mackerel and sardines, but will eat most of the cheaper ones I buy.
I thought raw salmon was a no go due to heavy metals or a disease or something??? He loves it cooked, bet he would love raw too.
ljru1970
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-05-2012, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by SarahJade View Post
Oh Lozzibear, the head is my dogs favourite part.
Being a very sicky dog I was nervous about feeding fish, but he loves fish treats, his dry food is fish and brown rice and he loves any fish leftovers that come his way so I eventually gave in.
He had it once a week for about 3 months, and then threw up, well that put me off for weeks, and he brought that up on the bedroom carpet. Can't imagine standing in it, I would have been gagging! Made my stomach turn reading this. Pathetic I know.
Also bought a 'sea brem' I think it was called, and he refused to touch it, was bloody expensive as well.
His favourite seems to be mackerel and sardines, but will eat most of the cheaper ones I buy.
I thought raw salmon was a no go due to heavy metals or a disease or something??? He loves it cooked, bet he would love raw too.
Ha ha. I had my slippers on when this happened. Today I had barefeet when I trod in one at the bottom of my bed that the cat had left there . Then I nearly gagged as it stank to high heaven, lord knows how long it had been there
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2