View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2012, 07:26 PM
I looked at Orijen and didn't think it was expensive at all..... please correct me if I'm working out wrong (I am old, you know):
£59.99 for 13.5kg = £4.44 per kg. 1kg would last my dogs 5 days as they have - between them - 200g a day. This makes the daily cost for two dogs an unbelievable 88p a day.

ljru1970
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-05-2012, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
I looked at Orijen and didn't think it was expensive at all..... please correct me if I'm working out wrong (I am old, you know):
£59.99 for 13.5kg = £4.44 per kg. 1kg would last my dogs 5 days as they have - between them - 200g a day. This makes the daily cost for two dogs an unbelievable 88p a day.

Here is the feeding guide

http://www.orijenpetfoods.co.uk/acat...ding_guide.pdf

Seems to differ whether you have an active dog or not, minimum for a 10kg less active is 115g. If you feed other bits though this could be reduced. They may over estimate anyway
Narka
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-05-2012, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by ljru1970 View Post
Since Orijen do not make a Giant Breed formula, you would be feeding the same kibble intended for Labs- Danes,and even Labs are bigger than Staffs.
My vet also recommended to feed my SBT on "Orijen large puppy", because there are more vitamins then for small ones
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2012, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by ljru1970 View Post
Here is the feeding guide

http://www.orijenpetfoods.co.uk/acat...ding_guide.pdf

Seems to differ whether you have an active dog or not, minimum for a 10kg less active is 115g. If you feed other bits though this could be reduced. They may over estimate anyway
Thanks for that. Bunnie weighs 8.4 and Lennon weighs 11.9 so I'm not far out....... Lennon could do with losing a kilo (has already lost 4) more and, tbh, I think 100g for Bunnie is a bit too much.

Costs look incredibly reasonable to me. I'm currently paying £1 a day for wet food, and I think that's really cheap!
Narka
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-05-2012, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post

Yes, your maths are spot on! I think, why most of us saying its quiet expensive, because we compare it with other dry foods which are more cheaper on the market... Lucky you, if you need only 200g a day I need 490g

Of course, you cant match the quality of Orijen with other ones, its very good and even thought its not cheap, I love this food for my dog and my dog loves it too.
Health and quality is the priority for when it comes to my choice
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2012, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by Narka View Post
Yes, your maths are spot on! I think, why most of us saying its quiet expensive, because we compare it with other dry foods which are more cheaper on the market... Lucky you, if you need only 200g a day I need 490g

Of course, you cant match the quality of Orijen with other ones, its very good and even thought its not cheap, I love this food for my dog and my dog loves it too.
Health and quality is the priority for when it comes to my choice
Thanks for your input. It's certainly an option at the moment.
Jenn~n~Luke
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-05-2012, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by Narka View Post
What do you think about Orijen dog food?

Have any of you tried to give it to your dogs, before I was feeding my dog different brand and I realized his skin became a little bit dry, so vet recommended to change the food.

So after long research I have came across Orijen, read many positive reviews and decided to order, and my dog loves it and all dry skin condition is gone, his coat is shining like never before!
It's the best we can get here, IMO. It's pricey but well worth it when you compare the quality of the ingredients in it compared to lesser quality foods that are priced almost as much if not more than Orijen. Some dogs don't do well on it because it is indeed very rich but for those that do, it's a truly great food. *Luke loves it and it's the only food that he doesn't need to eat a ton of to maintain his weight*
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5