Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2012, 09:35 PM

The cysts are back!!

Not a happy lady today and niether is phoebe. Caught her licking at her feet today so had a look and she has a huge cyst on inside of her outer toe but the opposite foot to last time. Its one thing after another with this girl. She is now sulking as i have fitted her with a lovly pair of boot socks to stop her licking till we see the vet tomorrow night. They said if they came back again it would be surgery but not sure if that will be the case with it being a diffent foot this time. Really upset about it as if she has the surgery that will be her 8th or 9th time under anastetic in her 5 and a half years and that really worrys me if its antibiotics it will be about her 30th set of those wich also worries me. Im not even sure how the surgery will work as the cyst is coming out the side of the pad and her pads are already really deformed from the surgery where they removed the webbing between her toes.

Feel really down now. Will my poor girl ever catch a break?? She never really seams bothered by any of it and is always so happy but i hate it when shes not 100%
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2012, 06:23 AM
Are they Histiocytomas?
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2012, 06:54 AM
I am so sorry to be reading this posting about Phoebe. She has clearly had a really hard time and I am sure it is just as hard on you. Hugs to both of you and everything crossed that her vets visit will be more positive.
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2012, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
Are they Histiocytomas?
no there cyst, but one they are there thats it they can just flare up when they want unless the area is removed they usually get infected aswell due to being on her feet and the germs and she licks them alot. They also take ages to heal again because of being on her feet.
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2012, 11:40 PM
Poor Phoebe hope things go well at the vets xx
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2012, 08:23 AM
Aww, poor Phoebe. Hope she's ok.

Helen
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2012, 06:20 PM
We went vets last night but didnt see our normal vet and this vet said he didnt think it was a cyst he thinks its a mass that has formed due to her pads already being deformed and then ending up further deformed from her previous surgery and the fact her toe splays out to the side and that it has just bust. But he gave us ab's anyway and were seeing our normal vet in a week to asses it for corrective surgery on the pad but hes not sure its a very good idea and that we may just have to live with it and repeated sets of ab's eash time it pops. So feeling a bit in limbo till i see my normal vet but ill know whats best after i spoke to him as hes delt with phoebe and all her problems for 5 years and done all but 1 of her surgerys
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2012, 09:09 PM
I do feel for you and Phoebe so much, because we and Jimmi know just what it is like.

Huge cuddles for both of you.