View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2009, 06:16 PM
God H you poor thing. She has been going through it hasn't she. Big hugs on the way. Hope she's better soon xx
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2009, 06:26 PM
Poor you and poor Zena. Hope she is well on the road to recovery very soon.

Gentle hugs to Zena

Sue
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2009, 06:30 PM
Oh my goodness Helena, only just found this, what a shock. Just when we all thouight she was doing so well.
Poor little girl

I really hope she improves soon, please give her a love from me and Mo
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2009, 07:03 PM
Thanks all, and I am the bear of better, if not good news now!!!!

Daddy came home, and she perked up, and he said he has that effect on all women when he walks into a room!!!!!

Thanks to dear Rose on here, I cooked up one egg with a bit of water and offered her that just before he came home and she ate it all up without sniffing it and turning her nose up, she was actually hungry at last!!! She brought me her ball (coz I'm her favourite playmate ) and her frisbee, and now there's no stopping her again!!! I will keep her quiet though for her own benefit.

Thanks for that Claire, I do actually have a tube of Arnica in the cupboard, but I don't know whether it's the "internal arnica" that they mention there, but thanks a million for that, I will get some tomorrow and put it in her netherregions! Lol!

I'm going to slap on some more Fuciderm on the red wound later on this evening,I hope I'm doing right there, coz you're not supposed to put anything on it this early, but I did ask the vet and she said "yes" so what do you do??

I might actually have my nutter back then, although she's zonked out again from overdoing it, and I know we're not out of the woods yet, it could be anything going on in there, but at least I have some comfort.

Another ten years older today, she'll be the death of me this little monkey!!!! xxxxxxxx
Annajayne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-11-2009, 07:05 PM
I am glad it is a bit better for your girlie. Thinking of you. xxx
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2009, 07:09 PM
Sorry to read this H. Tango was the same. She was absolutely fab the first couple of days post op...but sadly got really poorly with a tummy bug (she picked it up when at the vets for the spey as they had loads come down with it, one of those things but the poor girl )
Tango was really poorly and was hospitalised for 2 or 3 nights. It was the same weekend Biff was bad...infact Biff was coming down with it on the day we lost him.

I wish her a very very speedy recovery.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2009, 07:12 PM
Awww...Aitch. Just caught up with all of this! Bless her little heart. Hope she's perking up now and back to normal soon. xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2009, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by Annajayne View Post
I am glad it is a bit better for your girlie. Thinking of you. xxx
Thanks Annajayne.xxx

Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Sorry to read this H. Tango was the same. She was absolutely fab the first couple of days post op...but sadly got really poorly with a tummy bug (she picked it up when at the vets for the spey as they had loads come down with it, one of those things but the poor girl )
Tango was really poorly and was hospitalised for 2 or 3 nights. It was the same weekend Biff was bad...infact Biff was coming down with it on the day we lost him.

I wish her a very very speedy recovery.
Oh that is music to my ears there A, but of course, I'm very sorry to hear about Tango, but it has at least put MY mind at rest that this is quite possible. The thing with this vets is, they do all the work for our local dog warden, their vans are always in there, so bearing in mind, how some of these poor mites are found, I would have thought the place might be crawling with bugs, just like our own hospitals, they can't kill 'em all can they! Hundreds and hundreds of dogs must go in there day in day out, so if it is a bug, then I'll be more than happy with that! What I didn't want is a complication after the op and have her going back in to be opened up again, that I just couldn't bear as you can appreciate. Thanks.xxx

Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Awww...Aitch. Just caught up with all of this! Bless her little heart. Hope she's perking up now and back to normal soon. xx
Thanks Jackie, there I was last night on top of the world the way she was and the way the wound had healed, and it knocked me down like a tonne of bricks this morning when I came downstairs to see her in that state Anyhooooooo, she's turned into a right nutter again tonight!!!

I'm going to cook another egg later with some water and that's all she'll be having tonight, and I'll be sleeping back downstairs to keep an eye on her too, if only coz I love the way she just makes a social call in the night to kiss me on the lips and go back to bed, how cute is that!!!! xxxx

Edited to add: Here I am in me jim jams, with the pockets stuffed full with rubber gloves, a tube of fuciderm, a jar of vaseline and a thermometer, what am I like!!! That's for catching her on the hop you see when she's gone quiet and lying down, coz the minute I get up to collect anything she's off again! The things I do for these dogs, it's not normal is it!!!!!!!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2009, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post

Oh that is music to my ears there A, but of course, I'm very sorry to hear about Tango, but it has at least put MY mind at rest that this is quite possible. The thing with this vets is, they do all the work for our local dog warden, their vans are always in there, so bearing in mind, how some of these poor mites are found, I would have thought the place might be crawling with bugs, just like our own hospitals, they can't kill 'em all can they! Hundreds and hundreds of dogs must go in there day in day out, so if it is a bug, then I'll be more than happy with that! What I didn't want is a complication after the op and have her going back in to be opened up again, that I just couldn't bear as you can appreciate. Thanks.xxx

T
No probs H. Our vets is used by Dogs Trust and Guide Dogs and is a vet hospital for surgeries from a big geographical area. It's inevitable that they will sometimes have a bug that spreads like anything. We thought it was a bug but our suspicions were confirmed when we went for a check up and met a bitch who had been spayed the day after Tango...and came down with the bug the day after Tango and was hospitalised the day after Tango... The vet's admitted they had loads of dogs with the same symptoms being admitted that weekend.

You're right...there's no way they can get rid of all those bugs and I don't mind...I do understand that. I was so worried for Tango though. It is such a worry them having the op, much more so than with the boys being done, I know how big an op it was for my mum to have done, so I worried myself silly over Tango. To see her recover quickly, but then be knocked for six by a bug was really horrid so I know exactly how you are feeling.

Hugs all round I think.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2009, 07:45 PM
Thanks A, you wouldn't know how much you have put my mind at rest here!!! Thanks.xxxx
Page 4 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »