Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2021, 08:24 AM

Frosty sparkly Monday 29th November 2021

Morning peeps. frosty morning here but very sunny. Hope you all have a good day. Hope something can be done for Dillon Lynn. Sue I am surprised that you don't get snow being in the country, we do down here in Lancing. Take care all.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2021, 09:26 AM
Good morning all like Griff quite a bit of snow but saw quite a few gritters out and about yesterday and this morning.

Masks are officially back - although never stopped myself.

It feels like we are going into another sort of peak maybe not a lockdown but something this is one of those things I think that will not go away and the speed this virus adapts is scary although maybe this is how the common cold or flu evolved we will never know. This is being studied to death so to speak.

Brenda Good morning Lancing........what are your plans for Christmas? I am staying put at home with Gert same as last year.

Lynn Is today the vet day hope you get an answer to the pain sleepless nights gabertain as you think but could be something else.

Griff I hope you get your bus okay

Chris Have a great day whatever you do maybe you should take a few photo's of the work in progress a record for the town.

Moyra Hope you are feeling better did you contact the Doctor about your chest/breathing? How is Steve has he any symptoms left over?

Sue Have a good day seems like you are on the home run on the house what on earth will you do with your time when its done.

Have a good day all
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2021, 09:54 AM
I am here by myself the same as last year. Nothing much different really from when I wasn't living here. I will though, hopefully be cooking a Christmas dinner for my friend and I on wednesday 22nd as she is off from school then and I always still see her on Wednesdays. Well normally. bg!! Been for a lovely walk along the beach. Really sunny and although frosty not really cold.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-11-2021, 11:15 AM
Morning brenda, Kazz and all to follow.
Thank you for the good wishes for Dillon griff, brenda and Kazz it is thursday we go to the vet for the blood test to see if his kidney disease has elevated and to discuss the Gabapentin option and chat some more about his sleepless nights, plus he will be weighed again.
We will also discuss his irritating sort of cough which seems to of returned.
He is eating a bit better once again I remembered I had some mince in the freezer not cheap stuff either so cooked that up and if I mix with his wet food he eats.
Sardines didn't last long nor the grated cheese which usually goes down a storm. We will see how long this lasts.
Very cold here and a heavy frost earlier. Dillon spent a good deal of time outside again during the night which is now getting worrying especially as he has no fat on him any longer under the big fluffy coat.

We never stopped mask wearing either Kazz.
Sue hope the day is a little quieter for you today.
Chris hoping the snow is less treacherous today.
griff hope all the connections work in your favour.
brenda hope you enjoyed your walk this morning.

Keep safe everyone.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-11-2021, 12:38 PM
After those high winds thought I had better check the roof gutter and lucky I did. Not just leaves but clumps of moss would have blocked up the downpipe. house front gutters still had lumps of ice in them so it must have been fairly cold last night
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2021, 01:59 PM
Have had a cracking walk through the snow with her royal snowiness lots of smells I imagine as she was mental. Work later brrrrrrrr

Lynn
I thought it was Thursday same day as my opticians rebooked appointment but followed the crowd......LOL.....story of my life. LOL

Brenda I am doing my own thing as well having lunch on Wednesday sounds enjoyable. We will have to chat away....

Tw When your lad gets his house sorted you will have two roof and gutters to check on...expanding opportunities.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2021, 02:05 PM
Probably Kazz but I like sitting and watching stuff on tele at this time if year.
Sad I know.
Now then can anyone tell me why Macarons, the round colourful cake things cost so much and are they easy to make? I have never had one but have always fancied them. Well I found a recipe and don't think it is easy so will have to find a cheapy box to try them.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2021, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Probably Kazz but I like sitting and watching stuff on tele at this time if year.
Sad I know.
Now then can anyone tell me why Macarons, the round colourful cake things cost so much and are they easy to make? I have never had one but have always fancied them. Well I found a recipe and don't think it is easy so will have to find a cheapy box to try them.
Iceland and Asda Morrisons all sell them, much to sweet for me but my Mom started loving them so I know where they sell them.

In fact sure my Baileys at Christmas loving cousin posted a picture of Bailey Macaroons the other day on book of face
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-11-2021, 02:57 PM
They are a tad pricey brenda but soooo worth it, Iceland sell them to.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2021, 03:16 PM
Good afternoon all.

We drove into town on pure ice this morning. The sun was shining so we thought the main road would be fine. We were wrong. A lot of drivers have reported spin outs and skidding. Everyone assures the gritter were out last night, but if they were, they needed to be out this morning too. Never seen anything like it. Fortunately, it looks a little warmer tomorrow.

Dave went for his shingles jab today, but despite checking three times before the appointment, he was turned away and the appointment rearranged. They said it was too close to the booster, but all the checking beforehand was because it was only 6 days after the booster so you would have thought that they would have known at that stage. Ah well, worse things happen at sea
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >