View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2005, 10:58 PM
i was not aware about rep points till today when i put pic in profile, to my surprise i have 20, i thought i would be in the minus lol
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2005, 10:59 PM
i think it will work and looks like eraze has put a lot of hard work in to this, so we should at least try it!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2005, 01:49 PM
I still think we should be able to see our rep points in our User CP.
I go on a forum with Kids on, the forum is the same as this, and runs the same Rep system (I am a mod, been there for 3 years), and the Kids don't even complain about the negative points! I don't see why people here have to.

Every single post someone makes is going to have different people agreeing with it, or disagreeing with it, and if people can't be adult enough to accept that, and take a neagtive point now and again, then they really do need to grow up.
It's not as if we gain anything in real life by getting positive/negative points, and it's not as if we are loosing/gaining friends for the amount of points we have.

Also, unless someone writes their name, the points are anonymous anyway.
But the way the system runs now, the points are even more anonymous, because you can't even go on your user cp to see what points you have!

C'mon people, be adult enough to accept people aren't always going to agree with you!
If you get a negative point, with a nasty comment, then PM eRaze. Negative points are fine, but nasty comments are not.

Hope some of thie makes sense
Graeme
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-05-2005, 01:52 PM
Hevvur, you can see the number of points you have by clicking on the scales on one of your own posts. It will also tell you if people have reacted positively or negatively to it and any comments left. (a little bit random I know)

Graeme
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2005, 01:58 PM
I know that Graeme, but it doesn't tell you the last few comments that have been made.
Liek someone (maybe you?) stated before, you have to click around and find the posts that had the comments made on them.
Graeme
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-05-2005, 02:05 PM
Sorry, the way I read it you didn't realise you could check your points.

I agree with you that it would be good to be able to see the comments and personally I think that would improve the usefulness of the system.

Azz's reason for not showing the last few comments seems fair enough as well though.

Graeme (the fence sitter)
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2005, 02:11 PM
Sorry, thats why I wrote I hope people can understand! lol
I'm rubbish at writing things down!

But if people were a bit more adult, and didn't complain, and moan etc when they got a negative, it would be ok.
Surely people know (from posting in the debates section), that not everybody agrees with everything you write.

I've had plenty of negatives on the other site I go on, but then again, i've had lots of positives too!
Graeme
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-05-2005, 02:16 PM
Don't worry I can hardly explain myself at the best of times

Perhaps once the people are used to getting negatives as well as positives and realising it's no big deal to get a negative then Azz can turn it back on in the control panel.

Graeme
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2005, 02:20 PM
Hopefully, yeah!
It is nice when you can see who left the rep point, and they have written their name
Gems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2005, 03:49 PM
I agree Hevvur, id like to be able to see who left points
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >