Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2008, 05:40 PM

Heating, or rather lack of it

Okay, we had a long saga with our gas heating a month or so ago. Took nearly 3 weeks to persuade the heating engineers that yes, we did need HOT WATER! And we did need HEATING! I swear they have replaced almost every ruddy part.

Anyway, a month later, guess what, same fault happens again, it wasn't too bad, the heater was making an odd but loud noise, and the wee red light would come on in the morning but it kinda worked. So thought I'd better call the council before it gets worse, heating fella duly came out, said such and such a part needs replaced, I have to order a part but in the meantime give me a call if it goes off again.

It went off again last night, constantly. At least before he left it was first thing in the morning only. Now it doesn't work at all! Called this morning told the council as per the process....guess what, heating man has not appeared. It's freezing, we all have the cold and this guy hasn't even had the decency to call us or drop off a wee blow heater or something!

GRRRRRRR!!!!!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2008, 06:04 PM
I feel your pain, as have not had hot water since Friday.

Cold showers to wash your hair do wake you up though, as I found out this morning.
The plumber came three times today and will call me on Thursday .
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2008, 06:11 PM
awe.. how rotten.. I feel kinda bad sitting in my roasty toasty house.... sending warming hugs.
catsta2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-10-2008, 06:29 PM
We havent had our heating on since March and we are sat here in t shirts. Reckon the houses next door must be warm.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2008, 06:32 PM
Our heating broke in March,we had our open fire going though,good job as we were left with a poxy fan heater to heat the whole house
It took them over a week to fix it,even though they state it should have been fixed within 24 hours

Hope you get it sorted soon!
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2008, 06:32 PM
Poor you, sounds like it will be an early night.

Hopefully you get it sorted tomorrow