Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Olly
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2007, 03:12 PM

What a Fright

This morning as always took the girls for their morning walk ,all as normal gem having a good sniff around and ruby ,chasing and fetching her ball ,absolultly in her element ,and then to my horror ,she must have been so focused on her ball that she ran straight into a bench worse she just stopped an began really yelping and crying it was truly awful when we got to her we thought we were gonna discover a broken leg or something horrible ,but after a cuddle ,she was fine i was still in shock as was OH but just to be sure we had her checked out and alls well ,no damage thank heavens ,but i carnt discribe the giult we felt ,as if we had hurt her ,but one things for sure her ball will never be thrown in that direction again but it just gos to show how truly remarkable our best friends are .
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2007, 03:16 PM
O that heart stopping moment, know it well. Glad she is OK. I remember an incident with my firends dogs where one was chasing the other and the one chasing was so focussed on the other one he didn't see a metal sign post and promptly wrapped himself around it at full pelt.
Fortunately he didn't suffer any injury otherwise I would have had to carry him back to the car!
Becky
vickinicks
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-10-2007, 03:52 PM
Good it's awful when they let out that cry isn't it glad all is well
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2007, 03:58 PM
im so pleased she was not badly hurt, your heart sinks when you hear them yelp in pain , big hugs to her xxdk
vickinicks
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-10-2007, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by vickinicks View Post
Good it's awful when they let out that cry isn't it glad all is well
Oh I ment god not good sorry!!!!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2007, 08:33 PM
It's such a horrible feeling isn't it. So glad she's not injured
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2007, 08:58 PM
Glad shes ok x
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2007, 10:48 PM
Really glad she's ok! I know that feeling only too well.

When Max was a pup I was throwing his ball, and this time I threw it really high. He was looking up at his ball, and not where he was going, and he was heading straight for a tree. He saw it at the last minute and turned sideways, but he crashed straight into it with his side.

He stumbled and then ran on after his ball, but when he got to his ball, he just went straight over onto his side and wouldn't move - my guess is he probably winded himself but I was terrified!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

28-10-2007, 01:08 AM
Glad that she is OK. I know the feeling as well, when Loki was just months old and playing with her ball in the hall - I threw it and she ran after it and banged into the heater and the yells that came from her I can still hear and cringe! I cuddled her until she stopped and I was going to call the vet but she picked herself up, went for her ball and wanted to play all over again!

I do hope Ruby (hope I got that right) is well over her wee scare! Awful for you and your OH. Big hugs to her and to you as well.