Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-06-2012, 04:28 PM

Just had a fright.

Not long been in from sorting things out about mum and was in the kitchen doing tea while Dillon pottered about in the back garden.

I hear him bark which is quite unusual so told him to be quiet and then thought I better check and see what he is barking about. The back gate was wide open well you can imagine my heart was in my mouth. There he was stood just in the gate surveying the outside world so trying not to sound in a panic called him.
He looked round trotted back in so I could take his scruff he doesn't wear a collar about the house and back garden and shut the gate.

I'm having a strong coffee. Thank goodness no one was going past he would of been bounding over to give them Dillon hugs and slobbers. Bit disconcerting if you don't know him.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2012, 04:30 PM
the important thing is he is safe and sound and no harm came of it

Got to wonder if it was someone opening it that he barked at though? or maybe he just got a fright too as it was different?
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2012, 04:32 PM
oh dear at least he is ok. and if it was me walking past your gate i wouldnt mind dillon hugs and kisses
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2012, 04:34 PM
Phew close call there lucky he let you know, clever boy Something I keep meaning to ask you, as I must have bad eyesight, your avatar.... Looks like Dillon (or Ollie?) popping up out of a loo bowl and now I realise seriously how big a breed they are so there is no way that is what the pic is of but can't for the life of me fathom it out, sorry
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2012, 04:34 PM
Bless him what a sweetie ^^

My parents get a good earfull if they dont put Millie in her crate while gate or front door are open.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-06-2012, 04:51 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
the important thing is he is safe and sound and no harm came of it

It is fairly quiet here but phew I did have a bit of a moment.

Got to wonder if it was someone opening it that he barked at though? or maybe he just got a fright too as it was different?
I think the latch was playing up and the wind caught it I hve sorted it now. It has a lock and you need a key to get in. I think he was barking like you say because it was different.

Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
oh dear at least he is ok. and if it was me walking past your gate i wouldnt mind dillon hugs and kisses
Shame you are so far away I am sure Dillon would love to give you hugs and kisses.

Originally Posted by zoeyvonne View Post
Phew close call there lucky he let you know, clever boy Something I keep meaning to ask you, as I must have bad eyesight, your avatar.... Looks like Dillon (or Ollie?) popping up out of a loo bowl and now I realise seriously how big a breed they are so there is no way that is what the pic is of but can't for the life of me fathom it out, sorry
That is Dillon he was about 9 weeks old there and sitting in one of my plant pots. I must change that avatar.

Originally Posted by pippam View Post
Bless him what a sweetie ^^

My parents get a good earfull if they dont put Millie in her crate while gate or front door are open.
Good idea.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2012, 04:58 PM
I had a panic yesterday when I was getting ready to take the mob out and couldn`t find Daisy.
Eventually I noticed her patiently sitting on the doormat.. outside the front door. oops.
She must have been there for quite a while. It`s a good thing the postman didn`t come really.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-06-2012, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I had a panic yesterday when I was getting ready to take the mob out and couldn`t find Daisy.
Eventually I noticed her patiently sitting on the doormat.. outside the front door. oops.
She must have been there for quite a while. It`s a good thing the postman didn`t come really.
Oh dear. Poor postman would of got a fright.
Thank goodness Daisy sat patiently till you realised.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2012, 05:50 PM
Oh my I can just imagine how your heart must have been in your mouth
What a good boy he is not to go any further
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2012, 06:07 PM
Oh bless him, letting you know that gate had blown open, what a star he is not taking himself off for a jaunt! Reminds me of when we had Tara our gsd and had the new puppy, and the workmen had left the gate open, and she sat there and barked and barked and barked until I came downstairs to see what was going on, only to see her sat there, trying to keep the puppy safely inside the garden! Phew! Close call there Lynn, but I'm sure it will never happen again knowing you.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >