Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2008, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by k9xxb View Post
LOL Shona - you know i don't feed my girlie, lol. Nah on a serious subject of the weight issues - due to the size, i have tended to keep my leos weight down - this is turn allows her to run, swim and just have fun. There are owners that will feed their dog up thinking that a giant breed dog needs to be a giant size belly, lol.

Also in the male leos (leo, berger, help!!) i believe almost straight away there is approx a 10kg weight difference - which must be through bone density as well as general weight. For those who don't know leos, the males are a lot broader, taller and have the most gorgeous squarer (such a word, lol) face. They really are awesome, so to make them bigger can surely only create problems in the breed. Just my opinion though
lol@ you... TBH, I think its the bone density in the rottie, they are often far more heavy than other dogs of similar size..... they just seem very heavy for what they are, doesnt help that vinnies brain is made of stone!

I guess the density of the bone in rotties may play a part in them being more prone to bone cancer...
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2008, 10:10 PM
At least it isn't crossed with a lion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3