Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-09-2008, 08:40 AM

What a morning. (long post)

I take the dogs out over to the fields when I get there the building work on them, secure entrences, pathways being laid, all new fencing, kids play area being removed and a Life for a Life' Memorial Forest being planted in one corner of it. So rarther than have the dogs cause havoc pestering the workmen I thought I would go past and take them to the woods, my knees not great but if I took it slow it should be fine.

On the way all three dogs shoot off and over a brow of a hill, I could see their tails and backs so didnt think much of it, when I get there they still havent moved and now I see why, all three enjoying a pile of horse crap both eating an getting it all over them.

Further on the walk I count the dogs, Jake has gone missing I call him he dosent come back and his nowhere to be seen I walk back to see if I can spot him, the labs are off looking and cant find him, they also seem to be getting stressed. I then call him again and he shoots right back proud of himself that he came straight back and not his guilty look when he doesnt. So I dont know where he went and why he didnt come back.

Back home, the dogs cleaned I turn the tv on, only for it to make a clunking sound and flash and switch itself off and wont swtich back on.

ETA, my knee is also now the size of a football
ssmith80
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-09-2008, 08:46 AM
ewwww no! not horse crap! thats the worst why are dogs so disgusting lol

i hope your day gets better as it goes along! get some frozen peas on that knee :\ xx
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2008, 08:53 AM
sounds like a nightmae of a morning ..hope the TV is under warranty bit of a game on later i hear x
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2008, 08:54 AM
Oh you poor thing. Put those feet up and have a cuppa!!
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-09-2008, 09:06 AM
Cheers all.

Originally Posted by Inca View Post
sounds like a nightmae of a morning ..hope the TV is under warranty bit of a game on later i hear x
Yeah, its the 2nd time its broke, each time when utd have been on, so its a 20" for me tonight, unless I can bag my mates lcd again like last time
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2008, 10:02 AM
Some days it all just happens doesn't it !

Hope you get the TV sorted - get a pack of ice on your knees and see if Jake will spill the beans where he went!

We had a peaceful walk ouselves this morning but then I did get out v. early this morning! Mind you not always a fell safe - llamas and deer sometimes cause us problems!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2008, 12:37 PM
That's how it goes some mornings doesn't it, you just wish you hadn't bothered to get out of bed! Hope you get the tv fixed, and I hope Jake didn't find something even more revolting to eat, the remains of which you could be seeing tomorrow morning! The horse poo won't harm them Phil, all my dogs have always eaten it with great gusto, and nothing nasty has ensued. It's all organic matter anyway! I do hope Jake will be ok though coz you just never know what he might have got up to
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2008, 12:42 PM
look on the bright side,,, it could have been fox poo,,
tomorows another day....................
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-09-2008, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
That's how it goes some mornings doesn't it, you just wish you hadn't bothered to get out of bed! Hope you get the tv fixed, and I hope Jake didn't find something even more revolting to eat, the remains of which you could be seeing tomorrow morning! The horse poo won't harm them Phil, all my dogs have always eaten it with great gusto, and nothing nasty has ensued. It's all organic matter anyway! I do hope Jake will be ok though coz you just never know what he might have got up to
Im not worried about the horse crap, all of them have eaten tons in the past.
Horse crap Jakes only vice when out, just prefers walking, If I had to hazzard a guess where he had been I would say he has carried on walking whereas me and the labs turned off, so my fault for not noticing him, though thats not hard as he doesnt get up to mischive like the others.

Originally Posted by Shona View Post
look on the bright side,,, it could have been fox poo,,
tomorows another day....................
Funny you should say that as I thought the exact same thing.