Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ssmith80
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-09-2008, 08:26 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Bruce is 10 months.....and like yours could and can jump over most heights.

It's a shock isn't it, but then I once had a JRT who took a 6 ft fence after a fox......................she was only about 14 inches high herself.

I know what you mean about stress.....
LOL i have to laugh... our neighbours JRT can bounce and just about peek over our 6 foot fence to get a look at the pugs. Ive also seen her jumping up at the conservatory in the back garden and she almost scales the full height up to the gutter! haha!!
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-09-2008, 09:18 AM
My Collie , Betty is aboiut the same age as Ruby, she is strangely attracted to rolling in fox poo, but so far hasn't managed to met a fox ! Hopefully you will have a less eventful night tonight.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2008, 09:38 AM
Lucky it was during the night, at least they came back, check the garden next time lol, we had a badger used to come when the boys were puppies that thing used to freak me out, I used to shout to callum get them in it'll eat them lol
glad every thing is ok x
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2008, 10:57 AM
Thank god it was 3am and that she came back! I always used to see foxes when I spent a few years in London (I fed them ) but now I live in the wilds of Scotland they are far harder to spot ... much more suspicious and secretive.

Glad the story had a happy ending!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2008, 12:32 PM
Blooming 'eck what a night you had!!! That would have frightened the pants off me in the middle of the night too!

I think I'd be very, very proud of your dog. You can't blame her for wanting to ward the foxes off, it's her property afterall, so you can't blame her there. Then, she sits and waits for you to open the back gate for her, well, that is some little puppy you have there at only 10 months old!!!! I'd be really, really proud of how you are bringing her up quite honestly!

As for the dressing gown bit!!!!! All I can say is, at least I wore my pyjamas when I walked up the road to get those spare keys !!!!!

Turn this around, she's one to be proud of that little girl of yours, but then collie's ARE smart dogs aren't they!!!! Oh this could have been just awful when you think about it, you are so, so lucky!
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2008, 01:28 PM
I bet they'll have their internal body clocks set to go off at 3am tonight.....
Best make lots of noise opening the door to chase the foxes off before the dogs do!

Glad it all ended well, but I could just imagine the stress!!
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2008, 04:16 PM
Unfortunately there are foxes around all the time. an old lady up the road buys them stewin steak every day!!! Urban foxes around here are a nuisance, there is no shortage of food, for the past couple of nights they have been running over the tops of the cars one of them even C-----d on the windscreen,
Even after we were all back in doors one returned and was running up and down the street screaming. I can actually identify 5 different foxes,and there are man more believe me.
You want to be here when the vixens are in season!!!!!!!!!!!!
they will be back tonight they are every night, they are so well fed that they have just sat on the lawn when one of my cats passes ,Ive even seen a fox and one of my cats sitting within 6ft of each other on the wall.( Where is the camera when you need it)
Just have to be more more careful when I let the dogs out.

Jeanette
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2