Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2008, 07:17 AM
[QUOTE=Vodka Vixen;1483170]
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post

You know me sooooo well
Well maybe that would be a way of making a decision! Gut reaction!
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2008, 07:19 AM
oh hun, i'm so sorry to hear this.

Big hugs to you all. xx
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2008, 07:21 AM
I guess we could go as planned and see how we take to her but i know what will happen
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2008, 09:08 AM
so sorry to hear such sad news, RIP little one xxxx thinking of you all
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2008, 10:07 AM
I think you should go and see the pup, it may be fate that this girl is for you. On the otherhand try to keep a level head (I know hard to do with little bundles) if you really spend a little time interacting with the pup I am sure your mind will be made up then. Whatever you decide I wish you the best of luck.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2008, 10:27 AM
Oooh, only just picked up on the fact that you may have one of the girls instead.

I think it does you real credit that you're not just jumping in because there is another pup available. But if I was you, I would be trying to find out whether Ruby's temperament was typical of a pei bitch, or whether it was at least partly due to her previous home.

What is the breeder's bitch like - is she affectionate? Do you know any other female Pei owners who can help you work out whether Ruby's temperament was usual for a pei bitch?

I know I'm talking completely different breeds, but until I had Hoki I would have said I only wanted males. Hoki is the most affectionate dog I've ever had and totally changed my opinion on bitches v dogs.

That said, all bitches can live up to that name - they can definitely be 'little madams', but I still love them

Good luck in your decision
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2008, 11:51 AM
Sorry to read your sad news. Hope the bitch turns out to be what you want & gets a clean bill of health.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2008, 12:21 PM
Jules I wouldn't rush in ...go with your gut feeling, it was a bitch I had too and she was really hard to get to accept other things, maybe having a puppy would be different but if your not sure don't go ahead, the right one will come x
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2008, 01:05 PM
Thank you all for your input, it really does help, i have been talking to loads of pei breeders and owners and everyone says the same thing, its down to the individual dog, some have bitches that are very standoffish and others have cuddle monsters.

The pup in question, i have been told, is just like her mum who is a big baby and very affectionate, Ruby's previous home had 3 very young children and i cant help feeling that she was maybe pulled about too much, also her previous owners were very much into showing and if the dog didnt cut it they were out, no tears shed when we took her and all the promises of helping us to find her a new home disappeared, in fact i never heard from them again, still havent. So, we are beginning to think Ruby was one of a kind and didnt get the affection in her home that we wanted to give her.

So, we have decided to at least go and see her and spend some time with her, if we click, we click, if we dont we will wait.

I hope all that made sense
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2008, 01:06 PM
Originally Posted by Vodka Vixen View Post
Thank you all for your input, it really does help, i have been talking to loads of pei breeders and owners and everyone says the same thing, its down to the individual dog, some have bitches that are very standoffish and others have cuddle monsters.

The pup in question, i have been told, is just like her mum who is a big baby and very affectionate, Ruby's previous home had 3 very young children and i cant help feeling that she was maybe pulled about too much, also her previous owners were very much into showing and if the dog didnt cut it they were out, no tears shed when we took her and all the promises of helping us to find her a new home disappeared, in fact i never heard from them again, still havent. So, we are beginning to think Ruby was one of a kind and didnt get the affection in her home that we wanted to give her.

So, we have decided to at least go and see her and spend some time with her, if we click, we click, if we dont we will wait.

I hope all that made sense
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!

I'm delighted with your decision, Jules. I think it's most definitely the right one!

x0x
Page 7 of 9 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 >