View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2008, 09:46 PM
I really am so sorry to hear your sad news, but as someone else said it would have been even harder on you had he arrived in your home and then passed.
Hugs to you.
Run free little one.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2008, 11:40 PM
So sorry to read this, sadly some things were just never meant to be!
fleamandave
New Member!
Male 

16-09-2008, 02:59 AM
so very sorry run free little one
D
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2008, 06:50 AM
Thank you all so much for your kind words, the rest of the pups have been given the all clear but i still cant decide what to do about the little girl, have to make a decision soon as there is someone else interested in her, which is just making it harder
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2008, 06:54 AM
Originally Posted by Vodka Vixen View Post
Thank you all so much for your kind words, the rest of the pups have been given the all clear but i still cant decide what to do about the little girl, have to make a decision soon as there is someone else interested in her, which is just making it harder
Oooo that does make it even harder. If possible try not to think of the other people, if she does go to them before you have made a decision then maybe this pup wasn't the right one for you and you needed a bit more time.

What were your reasons for wanting a boy pup originally? Do these reasons still stand?

If so then maybe it is better to wait....even though it will be really hard.

xx
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2008, 06:59 AM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Oooo that does make it even harder. If possible try not to think of the other people, if she does go to them before you have made a decision then maybe this pup wasn't the right one for you and you needed a bit more time.

What were your reasons for wanting a boy pup originally? Do these reasons still stand?

If so then maybe it is better to wait....even though it will be really hard.

xx
The problem is she wont offer her to the other people until we make up our minds, she has said that we come first bless her!

Our reasons? thinking of it now our reasons are really crap and its all down to how Ruby was, she was the only bitch we have had experience of and she wasnt the most affectionate of dogs so, our automatic response was "we dont want another bitch" when i say it out loud it sounds really unfair doesnt it?
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2008, 07:05 AM
The problem is she wont offer her to the other people until we make up our minds, she has said that we come first bless her!

Our reasons? thinking of it now our reasons are really crap and its all down to how Ruby was, she was the only bitch we have had experience of and she wasnt the most affectionate of dogs so, our automatic response was "we dont want another bitch" when i say it out loud it sounds really unfair doesnt it?
I suppose so - but i don't know much about the breed. Is it usual for bitches to be more standoffish?

I was terrible when i had to choose. i knew i wanted a bitch so that narrowed it down and took for pups out of the equation. Then i just had four others, two went because there wasn't anything that stood out about them or their personalities, or how they felt when i held them. The the last two i did the puppy temperament test, and from the results of that i decided on the one who i had wanted the first time i saw a picture of her!
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2008, 07:10 AM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
I suppose so - but i don't know much about the breed. Is it usual for bitches to be more standoffish?

I was terrible when i had to choose. i knew i wanted a bitch so that narrowed it down and took for pups out of the equation. Then i just had four others, two went because there wasn't anything that stood out about them or their personalities, or how they felt when i held them. The the last two i did the puppy temperament test, and from the results of that i decided on the one who i had wanted the first time i saw a picture of her!
Its like any breed, some are some arent, its all down to the individual dog, the breeder has said she is very affectionate and she would love to keep her for herself but i dont want to take her just for the sake of getting a pup, she has to be really wanted you know?

We have a couple of days to decide Still a bit in shock over our boy.

Making decisons is not one of my strong points!!!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2008, 07:13 AM
[QUOTE=Vodka Vixen;1483165]Its like any breed, some are some arent, its all down to the individual dog, the breeder has said she is very affectionate and she would love to keep her for herself but i dont want to take her just for the sake of getting a pup, she has to be really wanted you know?

Making decisons is not one of my strong points!!![/QUOTE]

YOu have my sympathy! Usually it is ok - but when it comes to puppies....i'm terrible!

Can you go and visit the litter again.......or would that mean that you definately wouldn't come home empty handed?!
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2008, 07:16 AM
[QUOTE=catrinsparkles;1483168]
Its like any breed, some are some arent, its all down to the individual dog, the breeder has said she is very affectionate and she would love to keep her for herself but i dont want to take her just for the sake of getting a pup, she has to be really wanted you know?

Making decisons is not one of my strong points!!![/QUOTE]

YOu have my sympathy! Usually it is ok - but when it comes to puppies....i'm terrible!

Can you go and visit the litter again.......or would that mean that you definately wouldn't come home empty handed?!
You know me sooooo well
Page 6 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >