View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
janie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2008, 09:51 AM
I was really concerned about leaving my two bigguns in kennels, when we were lucky enough to have a week away in Florida earlier this year.

As no one we knew were up to looking after the gruesome twosome we had no choice. We spent a long time looking for somewhere suitable, not too far away and found a great place in Tring, Herts - about an hour from us.

We went over the week before had a look round.. there are only 8 big kennels there.. with outside exercise area and paddock. They too had their own vet & insurance and they were happy to indulge us, with all the food worries etc. (Freya sometimes suffers from empty tummy syndrome and wont eat in the morning)

But we had no need to worry, as when we picked them up 10 days later.. they were healthy, happy and fatter than before they went in.

Mind you the only down side is they are quite expensive.

For a first class service.. if you`re in the Herts, Beds, North London area check out:

http://www.spoilyourdog.co.uk/
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2008, 12:03 PM
Until 2002 when my parents died I had never left a dog in a kennel, but once left Anni for 2 days & she was fine but she'd stayed at the kennels before I had her & was happy there. I may have to go into hospital soon for a few days & if it happens a friend is coming to stay with Dax as he's 13, disabled & never been in a kennel in his life but Hannah will go back to the lady I had her from who has a boarding & breeding kennels so I know she'll be happy there. Can't leave her here as she is distressed when left while I go out & my friend is having to bring her own bitch with her. She'd lived at the kennels for 3 years before I had her & knows all the kennel staff & is as happy there as here.
So horses for courses, it depends on both dog & kennels in my opinion.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3