Our sister sites
Our sister sites
henry06
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-09-2008, 06:35 PM

Henry the westies journey part 2

[IMG][/IMG]

Henry has been having fun at the caravan, in the garden, in his swimming pool as his legs have been poorly and in the house playing with his toys.
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2008, 07:16 PM
henry is smashing little chap .whats he done to his leg
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2008, 07:49 PM
He's lovely. Nice photos too. Yes, what's the matter with his leg?
henry06
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-09-2008, 08:00 PM
Henry was born with Perthes disease so he had to have the ball of his femur removed. When they opened him up his ball of his femur was hanging off inside so the vet tells me. He has been through the wars so the swimming is to help build up the muscle. We did go to a proper swim and trim place but she nearly killed him as she didnt put him any life jacket on!!! He is a good boy and glad you liked the photos
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2008, 08:01 PM
What a brave wee lad - he looks so happy despite his poorly legs.
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2008, 08:05 PM
Oh bless him. That huge big scar and he still has such a happy look on his face bless him. Hope he recovers quickly xx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2008, 08:11 PM
What a little star..........sorry about his poorly leg, but he looks like he's getting there. What a brilliant little man
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by henry06 View Post
Henry was born with Perthes disease so he had to have the ball of his femur removed. When they opened him up his ball of his femur was hanging off inside so the vet tells me. He has been through the wars so the swimming is to help build up the muscle. We did go to a proper swim and trim place but she nearly killed him as she didnt put him any life jacket on!!! He is a good boy and glad you liked the photos
Ah. The Perthes disease did cross my mind. Hope the operation has managed to help his leg a bit. When did he have the op, how is he now? Poor boy.

The wee soul, he looks so sweet in his wee doggy life jacket, I hope the hydrotherapy you go to now (going by the photo) is helping him. Do keep us posted on his progress.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2008, 08:38 PM
What a gorgeous little cracker of a dog
henry06
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-09-2008, 08:52 PM
lol the hydrotherapy pool he now goes to is in our back garden. I decided i could do a better job so i brought him a hot tub!!! The man laughed when i asked him if chlorine was safe for dogs. He said do u mean if he was to just jump in' i replied 'no the pool is for the dog all the time' he looked at me as if i was mad. The things we do for our dogs hey.

He is loads better, he had this op about a year ago and after that he has had both of his knees operated on as well due to luxating patellas so he has really been in the wars. He does really well concidering all he has been through and that he is still only 2! Ive had many a night on the settee!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >