Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2014, 07:26 AM

Dogsey Daily Thread Friday

Good morning Dogsey Peeps

Up with the lark, and in the dark, but I want to get out before the rain arrives, it should be here already, but thankfully, it's still dry outside.

Lynn, I do hope you've got some heating and hot water, and I read all about your saga yesterday. Let's hope that 2nd bloke can get to you earlier and fix it for you.

Yesterday I did the topcoat on the big kitchen cupboards, they're looking good, so now all I've got left, is my bedroom ceiling (not looking forward to that cos it's a big room), and then the kitchen walls when I eventually decide on the colour. Then I'm going to redo the hallway cos I'm fed up with the coffee colour, I'm into greys now lol. Methinks I sometimes make all this work for myself, but walls are easy, it's the paintwork I hate doing.

I finally heard from Zena's breeder last night, having sent her an e-mail on the 8th to wish her sister happy birthday, and thought I was being ignored. Not at all! She thought it was wonderful to hear from us and how Zena is doing and wanted pics, so I sent her some pics and she's tagged them in that other place, so I had to go and take a look but I hate it in there so don't know my way around, but thankfully, they mailed me a link to it.

I'm making some steak and onion in the slow cooker today for a pie tomorrow, Dave home tonight, he'll be full of it with all the news on the sale which seems to be going ahead at full speed now!

Hope everyone is ok along with the doglets and I'd better get myself out there for my walk now.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-11-2014, 07:53 AM
Morning Helena morning everyone. Hope you beat the rain Helena.
Glad the sale is flying ahead now. Steak and onion sounds delicious.

Yes heating and lots of lovely hot hot water it was sorted by 9pm last night. Cannot believe how I was ripped off. I was so stupid. I suppose its a good job my suspicions started to kick in when they did. The new boiler man will be back Monday to finish off the little jobs it was too dark and getting late last night but he was so cross about what had happened he saw it as a challenge to get me heating and water. When he saw the outlet pipe blocked off he was fuming. It was potentially dangerous.
We are having a job done which isn't necessary but will be better in the long run done too then the boiler will be up to spec for the Winter and he will service it next August. I could of hugged him last night when he left.
Have Dillon's food being delivered today might start making Christmas cakes late again.
Raining here will see how Gorden's damp proofing of the conservatory has worked.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-11-2014, 08:09 AM
Good morning Helena Lynn and all that follow
Hope you get your walk in before the rain comes Helena
Soooo pleased to here you've got the heating /hot water sorted Lynn buxxer being ripped off though
What a wind here howling and rain yet Again oh for 1dry day ,nothing on the cards today ,need to do a shop at some point not driving in this unless it calms down
Muppets not bothered in going out their no daft lol
Hope everyone is well human and doglets if not get better soon
Hugs to anyone that needs them today
Take care stay safe
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2014, 08:16 AM
Morning everyone, what an awful morning out there and I have yet to venture out with Amber. I think it will have to be on crutches as Steve cleaned all the wheels on my walker yesterday because I came back filthy with it yesterday. Trouble is because of all the leaves on the grass out there you cannot see where people have not cleaned up after their dogs and you end up wheeling through it. Steve says I should stick to the paths but they are as bad. Wish she would go out in the garden on days like this.

It is getting a little lighter out there now so had better make a move. Just hope we do not get too wet.

Have a good day everyone, stay safe, warm and dry. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2014, 08:18 AM
Good morning

Glad the boiler is fixed Lynn. The other guy needs reporting before he does something really dangerous to someone else.
Fingers crossed no water gets in the conservatory. You seem like us with water - ewe don't mix. Second house we bought the rain poured in the bedroom window and had even rotted the wood in the all of the bay. RTeplaced all that and a new window and it still leaked. Was glad to move from there!

Hope you got out before the rain Helena. I slept a little later than usual and it is tipping it down here. Teazle said no thank you and has had breakfast and is back in bed Fingers crossed fore Dave that it is only a few weeks until he has completed on the sale.

Had a wonderful nights sleep in the new bed until OH got up at some unearthly hour and thundered down stairs like a herd of elephants.Nothing planned today. Off out for a big shop shortly - hopefully the rain keeps most people out of the shops. Then will drag her ladyship out if it eases off later.

Stay safes everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-11-2014, 08:22 AM
Morning Norma and Moyra.

Would think older and wiser hey Norma.
Hope the rain stops so you can get out shopping.
Morning Moyra dreadful here too think I will try to convince Dillon it really isn't nice to go walking yet. Hope it improves for you and Amber.

Well the waterproofing isn't 100% better than it was but still a leak.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-11-2014, 08:24 AM
Morning Sue, that's what the other guy said I feel a bit vulnerable being here on my own though if he decided to get nasty. The thing about getting older is you worry more years ago I wouldn't of hesitated.
Glad you had a restful night till you got disturbed. Fingers crossed the shops are empty for you.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2014, 08:34 AM
Morning all. Pleased to hear that you have heating and hot water Lynn. It is very wet here and haven't been out yet. If any of you order and have delivered goods from Tesco and have wine in the order make sure you check the bill. I was so cross when they delivered yesterday and got it wrong again. Well I am going to brave the weather it is still very gloomy. Weather forecast was for it to clear by 9am Hm I don't think so. Have a good day whatever you all do. Left it till later today so that I didn't cross post. Will leave it to others in future now. tt off to brave the elements.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-11-2014, 08:48 AM
Morning brenda. Oh don't not start the thread again it doesn't matter if you happen to cross post they just merge the two posts and we have two good morning starts for the day.
Helena and I got very good at posting at the same time.
Hope the rain stops where you are its not good here.

Gorden emailed his friend and colleague has missed his bus to get his flight back home to Scotland, he asked Gorden if he might be able to drive Northwards to see if he can get a coach back, so Gorden can get him to Peterborough if times allow. If not we are going to ask if he would like to stay here for the weekend.
Not nice if your meant to be home and then stuck in digs for the weekend.
So I better get on in a minute sorting the spare room.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2014, 08:58 AM
Good job you got the heating sorted then Lynn. There are so many cowboys around. Perhaps you should e-mail through to Dominic Littlewood, he likes to catch cowboys. But you did well to get a second opinion. Hope Gorden's colleague gets home safely to Scotland long way to travel to work isn't it.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 > Last »