Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-08-2013, 05:46 AM

Dogsey daily thread (Friday).

Morning everyone.
Raining here and very breezy. Yes I am up early today.
Dillon ggggrrrrrr. Settled as usual last night at 9ish 10ish went outside for a cool off that was fine Gorden hung around for a bit.
2.30ish huffing at the bottom of the stairs went out for a while came in I am wide awake so stayed down here for a while. Then a car pulled up and that made him alert and bark. Settled him he went back out till 5ish. I went up to bed when he came in all fine then he started again at 6ish.
I now think I may know what the root of the problem is he seemed on high alert which isn't usual for him. Windows in back bedroom were left open and the door kept opening and shutting so in the end I gave up and came down too after shutting the windows. Mental note to self in future make sure windows of small bedroom shut before settling for the night.
Dillon now settled Gorden and I not in the best of moods and I have a stonking headache.

Helena I hope all goes well for Zena today. I am sure it will but of course you will still worry.
I think you have saved plenty of things to do though haven't you so you don't lose all your fingernails.
June I hope it stayed dry where you are and if it didn't the piece of wood and tarp did the trick. Hopefully the mechanic can put it right today.
Lorraine (((hugs))).
Bev good luck with the washing machine search.

Have a good day everyone.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2013, 06:08 AM
Morning Lynn and everyone.

I feel sick this morning, but then that's no surprise and I keep looking at the clock, thinking how long I've got before I take her in. She's never been left anywhere since her spey at 11 months old, that'll stress her out big time, but thankfully, this vet has already got the measure of Zena, he said to the receptionist when booking her in for today, that he doesn't want her in until 9.30 due to her stress levels. Hopefully, when he's finished the consults he will get her done first and ask me to come and pick her up.

I had all these plans of keeping busy, but then I thought, it's not a good idea in case she's only in there an hour or so. I'm off to Asda, which is only 5 mins from the surgery and I'll have the mobile all ready for his call. I just want to fast forward today now as you can imagine being here all alone and having to do this.

Hey ho, it's got to be done, I can't risk infection in that nail, and I can't see her in pain, so best take it out or whatever he plans to do with it.

Not much else to say today really, except that I hope you've all got a better day planned than I have
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-08-2013, 06:11 AM
Morning Helena. (((Hugs))) know how you feel that sick feeling is awful isn't it.

I am sure she will be fine though and the vet sounds a good vet if he has worked out about her stress levels.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-08-2013, 06:40 AM

Lynn - either Dillon is copying Da Booga or Da Booga is copying Dillon, as she kept waking me to go out - strolled up the path and had a look round [what on earth did she expect to see in the middle of the night?] and came back in again.

Then, just when I was hoping for another couple of hours zonk after pilling her I had a case of the "gotta get to the loo quick" every few minutes which has now, hopefully [and with the help of a couple of Loperamide], stopped.

Anyhow, I hope your headache has gone/is going.

Nechda - I am sure Zena will be OK - the vet obviously understands her and her stress so they will probably make such a fuss of her that she will calm down. Is there no way they will let you stay with her until she is sedated? That way she will not realise she is being left. But it will all be over before you know it. (((hugs)))

Hi to all who follow [or got in while I was typing] - hope you get that sunroof fixed June, and that you find a perfect washing machine Bev.

Have the best day you can everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-08-2013, 06:47 AM
Morning Malka. Seems like Dillon and Pereg have some sort of naughty code between them about keeping us up.
Gorden has told Dillon when he tries to sleep today he is going to keep waking him up.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-08-2013, 06:55 AM
Morning Lynn morning all
Poor you up and down yoyo style with Dillon ,most likely the open window n car unsettling him poor lad
Hope the headache clears ,and moods improve ,hopefully you'll manage a nanny nap
Helena everything crossed for Zenas op humongous hugs to you both today
Hi Nippy hope your ready for the bakathon so I'm getting my order in first Millionair Shortbread or a cherry cake not like I'm being gready
Just the usual here today
Big hugs to all that need them with poorly relatives ,and
doglets
Hope you all have a good day what Evers on the cards
Take care and stay safexxxx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2013, 06:59 AM
Morning Lynn and all,

I am feeling rough this morning. Chest pains are back and I feel a bit lightheaded.
I have walked Lily and just done mums shopping. Going over there with it soon and to do her housework. Then home for an hour and off to work till tonight. Just started drizzling here.

H, I am sure Zena will be fine she will only be under a couple of mins. They done Lilys claw while I waited she didn't have any sedation or GA. and they removed the whole claw and quick. That was a few months ago now and still there is no sign of the quick or nail growing back. Still i don't mind her being without that dew claw.

Lynn and Malka i don't know how you cope with those broken nights. I am terrible if I get disturbed even once.

Have a good day everyone
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2013, 07:00 AM

Helena, I will be thinking of you and Zena today. I know how you must be feeling today, she will be fine. Big (((hugs))) to you both.

My tummy is a bit better today, just a little sore
Well my friends arrive today for a week, so it will be hit and miss as to when I can get on line. I dare say I will be hovering in the background!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

09-08-2013, 07:10 AM
Morning Norma nice to see you back. Are you feeling any better now ?
Morning Bev sorry you are feeling unwell. Can't say I'm surprised the amount you have to do. Take care.
Morning Jenny glad the tummy is feeling better. I forgot your friends are visiting from today. Have a lovely time
with them.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2013, 07:12 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Morning Lynn and everyone.

I feel sick this morning, but then that's no surprise and I keep looking at the clock, thinking how long I've got before I take her in. She's never been left anywhere since her spey at 11 months old, that'll stress her out big time, but thankfully, this vet has already got the measure of Zena, he said to the receptionist when booking her in for today, that he doesn't want her in until 9.30 due to her stress levels. Hopefully, when he's finished the consults he will get her done first and ask me to come and pick her up.

I had all these plans of keeping busy, but then I thought, it's not a good idea in case she's only in there an hour or so. I'm off to Asda, which is only 5 mins from the surgery and I'll have the mobile all ready for his call. I just want to fast forward today now as you can imagine being here all alone and having to do this.

Hey ho, it's got to be done, I can't risk infection in that nail, and I can't see her in pain, so best take it out or whatever he plans to do with it.

Not much else to say today really, except that I hope you've all got a better day planned than I have
Aww - I'll be thinking of you (and Zena) Helena - I know what it's like. I'm the klutz who phones the vet every hour lol! I remember when I had to leave Charlie for the lumps removal - and the vet told me I could take her home as soon as she was coming round (he knew what I was like) and that would be about 1pm. Well he phoned me at 11am and I NEARLY DIED - I was convinced he was going to say she'd died on the op table because it was much earlier than he said he'd call.

When he said she was fine and I could come get her - I left home in a panic, straight to ATM for money - drove off without taking the money from the slot! Went back for it and then GOT LOST driving to the vet's even though I'd been there so many times!

*Pulled into a layby and said to myself aloud 'CALM DOWN YOU STUPID COW! Or you'll never get your dog back!'

I think it's a good idea NOT to get busy with other stuff while you wait it out - just do what I do and worry yourself to death until you get the ALL OK and the feeling of euphoria when you get Zena back safe and sound!
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 > Last »