View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2011, 05:36 PM
fab shots - I love the one with the leaf sticking out, I thought it was her tongue
I wish I could take pictures (sigh) my daughter has an all singing all dancing camera, but I don't even know how to switch it on, let alone mess about the round thing at the front which I don't even know what it's called
DavidC
Dogsey Junior
Male 

28-11-2011, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by MarchHound View Post
Me too.

I can still remember when I first managed to use the manual focus, now I am messing with all sorts of settings. I am quite happy with this one for now. I cant afford anything else anyway.
Especially when you see how much the equivalent model point in the Canon range is now, the 550d or 600d.

Originally Posted by MarchHound View Post
Its just a matter of practise, practise, practise.

I've never got the hang of the sport setting though, was too slow for the dogs
I tend to use the AV/TV modes and shoot in RAW, then upload them into Lightroom. Can always tweak the White Balance etc if I get it a little wrong then.

Sorry, didn't mean to turn it into a photographers thread.

Best purchase I ever made for it, the nifty fifty, amazing value for money!
(Edit: And a Flickr account so I can annoy everyone buy sharing my photos!)
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2011, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
fab shots - I love the one with the leaf sticking out, I thought it was her tongue
I wish I could take pictures (sigh) my daughter has an all singing all dancing camera, but I don't even know how to switch it on, let alone mess about the round thing at the front which I don't even know what it's called
Thanks Hope some are of use to you. I am always up for taking shots of anything you want advertised. We have a cavvy we could use too but hes nowhere near as ..... directable as Jinty...... Jinty was quite happy to run between my friend and I as we called her although slightly confused by me lying on the floor. You wouldnt believe how many shots we took before getting these few. My photography is always improving though.

My fave is the one of her with her two front paws out with the green bone in her mouth.... she looks so puppy like !
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2011, 07:00 PM
This is the first time I've seen your little dog - oh my, what a total adorable cutie. She is gorgeous and looks like a cracking wee character.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2011, 07:10 PM
Jinty always looks like she is having fun

Great photos. I was thinking of an upgrade soon but not sure if I should just go to a bridging camera. Don't really know what I can/cant do on a bridging camera V's SLR and so on
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2011, 07:13 PM
You can stick the canon 450D on 'auto'
Hanlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-11-2011, 09:18 PM
What a cheeky looking lady she is! Love her!

The action shots are brilliant - I love the one of her running towards you - feels like she's leaping out of the forum.

She's gorgeous, great pics xx

I am lusting after an SLR but so many things take priority to a new camera I think it will be a while! Have to manage with my Lumix for a while yet! But what I do love about a digital camera is the ability to take loads of pics and then delete the ones that are really rubbish lol.

Loved those pics.
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2011, 09:48 PM
Thank you!

I got my camera after quite a while of scrimping and saving.... about 18 months ago. It was second hand, but barely used. I love it. I had lusted after one for YEARS.

The DSLR are great for being able to see the photos you have taken too... zooming in etc. It helps you see how many 'good' ones you have taken.

I would recommend a canon to any novice person as a beginner camera, you can stick everything on auto and then investigate more features once you are more confident. Thats what I did for the first month! Still took amazing photos!

I only have two lenses, the one it came with (17-55mm I think) and one I bought, again it was second hand (75-300mm) and I looooove it! Great zoom lens!
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2011, 10:02 PM
Great pics
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2011, 07:21 PM
Bless her Such a gorgeous girlie Thanks for sharing x
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >