View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-06-2011, 06:44 AM
Good luck with it fingers crossed yours sells really quickly now.

The places old/er people live in are always worth a look like you say they might be tired but what you get for your money ir remarkable.

My brother and sil brought a lovely bungalow in Norfolk with a huge garden 5 years ago now and it is lovely now it is all done up I wouldn't say no to it. It belonged to an elderly lady and he got it at a he got a good price.

I am looking forward to updates.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2011, 11:35 AM
I knew it wasn't going to be easy After much deliberation between the two of us after an hour's chat on our morning walk, Dave says we're going to have to spend at least £30K on it, what with all that fencing (we know because of the amount we've put in here about the same all round!), then a new kitchen, new bathroom, then that decking etc. so he said although we love the area, the dog walking to hand, the parking for all our vehicles, he said the bungalow is wrongly designed and that's probably why nobody has taken it on yet.

So, the search continues, but I'm still putting the house on the market tomorrow, coz we've spent all morning getting it all spic and span, it looks lovely, so we'll carry on searching in that area. I've picked out another handful, but bet your bottom dollar when I ring the agents up tomorrow most of them will have been sold stc!

I remember 24 years ago when we were house hunting, we must have bought half of Worthing, then come home and picked them apart and withdrew our offers! Then of course we did it all again with Mum before we went upstairs in the loft, that was a good laugh with Mum with her leg in plaster lol, and we did actually buy a massive big house, but again, over a cuppa, we picked it apart and withdrew! Oh they're gonna love me these new agents, I do hope they don't have one of those phone around schemes where they can warn each other about the likes of people like me lol!

I'm down at Camber Sands now, I'm liking this one, right on the sand dune beach!
http://www.phillipsandstubbs.co.uk/s...pertyID=134405

and this one looks nice, again on the beach

http://www.phillipsandstubbs.co.uk/s...pertyID=160769

I can link these coz I haven't viewed them yet!

and this one looks nice, so I'll be viewing all of these next week!
http://www.douglasmoloney.com/search/salessearch.html
Azz
Administrator
Male 

20-06-2011, 12:03 AM
The first one you linked to looks lovely!! Love the conservatory - perfect for dogs
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2011, 08:46 AM
Oooh your a fussy mare

Good luck today & I'll be checking out the links when I get home. Just to make sure the dining rooms are big enough for our suppers

Bev x
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2011, 09:05 AM
How did I miss this "Helene saga" I love hearing of your adventures. (must still be the anaesthetic )
All the links look fabulous, I shall now follow this thread with great interest
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2011, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
The first one you linked to looks lovely!! Love the conservatory - perfect for dogs
Yes doesn't it Azz, that conservatory is to die for isn't it straight onto the garden, but then, there we have the problem........ the back garden backs onto the A259 See what I mean, this isn't going to be easy is it!!

Originally Posted by Rubster View Post
Oooh your a fussy mare

Good luck today & I'll be checking out the links when I get home. Just to make sure the dining rooms are big enough for our suppers

Bev x
Forget the dining room Bev, look at the conservatory in the first link there! If it can take 3 sofa's, then it's sure big enough for my dining room table and six chairs, plus a sofa for us to relax on, sipping our after dinner drinks I will supply the ear plugs though coz it backs onto the A259 out the back there!!! Who cares, it's near the sand dune beach, just a short walk away

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
How did I miss this "Helene saga" I love hearing of your adventures. (must still be the anaesthetic )
All the links look fabulous, I shall now follow this thread with great interest
You wanna watch out Nippy, coz once we've exhausted East Sussex/Kent, we might head down your way!!!!!

Right, house details are being drawn up with pics as I type, so I took the dogs shopping to get them out of the way so the house stayed clean (that won't last long!),. and we'll be on t'internet by 6pm tonight yayyyyy! Just gotta find somewhere to live now then!!!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2011, 10:30 AM
I love the conservatory on the first one too andthe wrap around gardens, locality to the beach too. I can see why they have added the conservatory as limited living space without. Picture looks good but how "good" is it. And a shower room rather than bathroom? but that could be overcome.

The 2nd one is nice too and the south facing garden looks good but South facing front but you are used to reverse living good living space on the 2nd but the first "looks wise" appeals more. What do they say first minute is deciding time. Looks closer than you are at the moment to neighbours too.

Cannot see the 3rd.

Best luck, and remember (pictures are deceiving)
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2011, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post

You wanna watch out Nippy, coz once we've exhausted East Sussex/Kent, we might head down your way!!!!!
Lol Have I mentioned that I might be moving to the Outer Hebrides
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2011, 12:05 PM
Lol at you Jen!!!

Yes Kazz, that's why we always street view before I even pick up the phone, but then there's always something isn't there, just coz I'm a fussy mare, that Bev has got me well sussed out!!!

I've gone up in price now and just found this which is pretty secluded up a gravelled track, and although it's £300K you can always put in a low offer and chance your luck, and then again, if there are 2 people who really like mine, then we could start a price war on mine and make the price go uuuuuup

This one is at Broad Oak, nice place nr Rye, a detatched bungalow and very secluded with lovely outlook over the fields, ooooooooh! That Douglas Moloney won't let me link to properties, only their website!!!
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4