Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2005, 06:04 PM

Can't find any,

Can anyone help; I am looking for a particular type of dog bed. It is square and covered with a waterproof type of fabric, inside it is a slab of foam with the middle lower than the sides when I have four of them together and the dogs are in them curled up they always remind me of chocolates in the plastic tray.

Used to buy them from Overhill Kennels and when they stopped doing them from the National Canine Defence League Christmas catalogue but they are not doing them any more and I can’t find replacements anywhere.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2005, 06:06 PM
Jackie,
Have you tried asking NCDL where they sourced them from? Good luck in your search. They sound really comfy!
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2005, 06:11 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki
Jackie,
Have you tried asking NCDL where they sourced them from? Good luck in your search. They sound really comfy!
No because I can't remember if they have a name or just a catalogue number and it is a long winded description (see above) But I could try e-mailing them, they were not cheap but lasted a couple of years and I used to replace 2 a year. Nothing else seems suitable as my dogs don't like warm beds but I like to give the oldies a choice of somewhere soft to lie and they love them.

Edit to add, I have only two very worn out ones left and they have taken to using my leather chairs seem to remember that they were expensive too.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2005, 06:13 PM
I've never seen anything like you describe Jackie, but I'll have a mooch about on the pet stores I have on my PC. I'll get back to you shortly.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2005, 06:26 PM
Have a look here Jackie - apart from the fact that it's a bit "Girly", is this the type of thing you're looking for?
http://www.nextdaypets.com/directory...fc-7d19-9.aspx
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2005, 06:30 PM
I think I know what you mean....Pet Planet have some, but I cant get to the page...
Go to pet planet, then shop > Dogs / Dog Beds & Bedding / Mats and Other Bedding
They are called 'Danish Design Pet Lounger & Mat'.
Are these them?
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2005, 06:35 PM
http://www.pet-supermarket.co.uk - have some fleecy type ones.
The links on there don't work either!
Dog > Sleeping > Duvets and mats > scroll down and click on page 3
They have Snoozzy Pet Bed Original, and Bed Dog Résidence

Here have some similar to those above: http://www.canineconcepts.co.uk/item...-Beds--snoozzy
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2005, 06:37 PM
Thought you may like to see what they look like - the first is how they look new

and this one is how they looked when they have been abused a bit

They are intended for single person occupancy but try telling the mob that
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2005, 07:00 PM
Found them Overhill Kenels had no idea they had a website, they always took the back page of Dog World and when they stopped I thought they had stopped trading, just how stupid can I get, thanks for trying to help me because in a round about way it helped me to help myself. OK all I need now is to take out a second morgage.
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

19-12-2005, 07:12 AM
Hi J, have you had a look at the ones below, I`ve got them & they are tough enough for even my lot cool as well

http://www.kennelmate.co.uk/dog-beds.htm
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >