View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2009, 11:04 PM
Aww they are gorgeous. Lovely shiny coat on Trevor and Audrey has those typical boxer ways of sitting or snoozing! Really lovely looking dogs.

After looking at that first pic isn't it funny how all Boxers have that darker patch on their tails. Someone once told me this is where they would've normally docked them but don't know how true that is.
vickileigh63
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-05-2009, 05:39 AM
That was spot on and thats everything that makes me love my dogs more and more everyday. I could do without the by my side when I am trying to carry the washing down the stairs though, one day I will def fall lol
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2009, 12:49 PM
Gorgeous doglets you have there, but that Audrey as a puppy, well, she's just scrummy.

I came home from a hospital visit to my poor old mum a few weeks ago, gave my puppy a new toy, I sat at the puter with her at my feet playing with her new toy with great delight, then I started sobbing my heart out, she looked up at me, stopped playing with her toy, planted her great big feet on my lap, reached up and licked the tears from my face - now if that isn't love, unconditional at that! Never had one do that before, not quite like that

My husband only has to go in the shower for 5 minutes and when he comes out, she greets him like he's been at work all day, leaping all over him, kissing him, whereas I haven't even noticed he's been gone!
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2009, 12:58 PM
good thread lol ,you could go on forever couldnt you . i clean our dylans ears ,(he hates it ) he dos snap for me to stop . but then he feels bad ,and comes trying to get round me lol (daft dog )
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2009, 01:17 PM
I love the way that my 2 Boxers would rather cram onto a sofa with me than be anywhere else in the house...

Me being ill with my helpers

Sunday afternoon snooze

Sleeping off a hangover (me, not them!)
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2009, 01:24 PM
Great thread! and lovely dogs!

Things that my dogs do that make me go all soppy, a small selection...

Pepper - when we're cuddling on the sofa and I have the temerity to stop fussing her so she nudges my arm until I start again. After she's been out for her morning wee and the OH lets her back in the bedroom and she sticks her face in mine to say good morning before curling up again.

Gozo - he just loves his Mummy so much! When I come home and he throws himself at me, expecting me to catch him! Luckily I usually do! In the mornings as soon as I show any signs of stirring he comes and sits on me and puts his paws on my face!

Enzo - has only been with us a few days but the way he follows me around, then sits and cocks his head to one side as if he is concentrating. How he has to sit on my lap when I'm at the computer so this post has taken twice as long to type and correct!

Watching my 2 dogs gamboling about in the park, Pepper coming between Gozo and other dogs if she thinks they are bothering him.

I could go on, and on and on! But the kitchen floor isn't going to wash itself!

J
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2009, 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by JoanneR View Post

Another lovely moment...

...when you're trying to complete a crossword puzzle and your Boxer jumps up and 'spreads' her floppy face all over the puzzle 'cos she knows if she interrupts you, you'll pay her some attention.

I realise this is very specific to Boxers but don't they just know EXACTLY how to press your buttons?
Nah! This isn't specific to Boxers, I like to sit on the sofa and do a sudoko, if Gozo, one of my Affens, thinks he needs attention he just comes and sits on the puzzle and sticks his face in mine! Dogs; no respecters of personal space!

J
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-05-2009, 08:17 PM
I like it when I come home from work and Poppy is sat at the baby gate waiting for me. When I walk in the lounge she runs to her toy box and gets me a toy, then I have to chase her round the house for 5 minutes before I'm allowed to sit down!

I like it when Poppy sits at the baby gate in the morning while I'm in the hall putting my shoes on, then I stroke her and tell her "Mummy's going to work now, see you later".

It makes me laugh when I go upstairs to the toilet and if I don't shut the bathroom door properly, a little black nose pokes through the door!!
Mouse
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-05-2009, 08:59 PM
Mouse has stopped me getting down - I used to have serious bouts of getting very low which was almost crippling (left over from lovely Post Natal Depression). Since owning this little Chi x I haven't had 1 serious low point. She is my medicine and each time I properly look at her I think about it. I really feel that we are meant to be a unit.

Just this evening we went out for a walk with 2 of my daughters friends into a field with really high grass which has a path trodden down though it which we were walking on. The kids went charging through the grass laying down hiding from each other, at this point Mouse couldn't see all the kids & started to panic looking for them and tried to get through the untrodden grass which was 3X higher than her to locate them. I had to lift her up to see all the kids were ok! Brave, loyal little thing trying to look out for her people despite her impossible surroundings. She was jumping up like a hare & the panic on her face was unmistakeable. Makes your heart nearly burst.

The locals have already started calling her my Shadow.
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-05-2009, 12:25 PM
...you smell the top of your dog's head - we go one step more and smell them behind the ears, just where the ear joins their head! Can't beat the warm doggy smell!!

Karen
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >