Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
fluffymummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-01-2011, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
Just drop food on the floor, before he getsreactive (iewith no distrations) & click as he eats, Its important (as far as im concerened) that the food is on the floor as it ncourages sniffing, that in its self will help calm a dog down, eating will calm a dog down.

Shame you are in london, i could have given you a lesson!
Thanks for that, will try it! How would you do that if we were outside in the park as he'd suddenly decide that this stranger does not belong there and start chasing and barking at the poor person! And then it depends how that stranger reacts - if they ignore him I can call him away, if they get agitated and start shouting he will get worse and all my calling goes through the window!

Had this unfortunate incident today when this woman was freaking him out even more - I told her to stop and ignore him - she got all confrontational and abusive and even brought race into it .... then after her comment that if she'd had anything she would hit him I could not resist and said "is that cause he's white?"
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 09:48 PM
IF hereally cared it would be free, & hed be upfront & get more people on his courses. Seems like a con.......& im still not sure about pu8shing the dogs off of high places!!!!!
yip.......to both lol...i threw my old lurcher into the river once....couldnt keep him out there after
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 09:52 PM
Originally Posted by fluffymummy View Post
Thanks for that, will try it! How would you do that if we were outside in the park as he'd suddenly decide that this stranger does not belong there and start chasing and barking at the poor person! And then it depends how that stranger reacts - if they ignore him I can call him away, if they get agitated and start shouting he will get worse and all my calling goes through the window!

Had this unfortunate incident today when this woman was freaking him out even more - I told her to stop and ignore him - she got all confrontational and abusive and even brought race into it .... then after her comment that if she'd had anything she would hit him I could not resist and said "is that cause he's white?"
You start to feed before he reacts, add in some circles, some name response, & click for him looking at you.
& some "throw the lead" (keep hold of it but dont let it go tight)

It all works together
fluffymummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-01-2011, 09:54 PM
You start to feed before he reacts, add in some circles, some name response, & click for him looking at you.
& some "throw the lead" (keep hold of it but dont let it go tight)

It all works together
Thanks will try it!
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
yip.......to both lol...i threw my old lurcher into the river once....couldnt keep him out there after
My dad threw out first family dog into the river - it was what was recommended in the 70's-early 80's - and she was petrified of ponds and streams and water ever after.

The dog training style that was around in those days did tend to suggest that kind of thing, not just with water.... and if the dog hated it, it was no good, sell it, PTS.
fluffymummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-01-2011, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by MerlinsMum View Post
My dad threw out first family dog into the river - it was what was recommended in the 70's-early 80's - and she was petrified of ponds and streams and water ever after.

The dog training style that was around in those days did tend to suggest that kind of thing, not just with water.... and if the dog hated it, it was no good, sell it, PTS.
Omg! I'm seriously hoping this has nothing to do with that! It advertises itself as being kind and in tune with animals, can't see someone chucking a lion into water than expecting them to trust you!
fluffymummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-01-2011, 10:05 PM
Actually can't see anyone chucking the lion into water full stop!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2011, 09:30 AM
[QUOTE=Connor9;2160161]
Im pretty sure...... well about 50/50% that you have to push your dog off high places, so he has to face fears & trust you?

I dont know WHY i think this, someone must have told me!

Mind you you could be right cause my dad used to say the best way to get a dog over the fear if water is just to put them on a long lead and drop them in some wate
r
Yeah! That works with kids too. Only those namby pamby do-gooders try to stop you. What`s wrong with teaching them the hard way I say!. Chuck `em in and watch those little beggars flail about. And if they sink you can enter them for the Darwin Awards (posthumously).
This could start a new trend. Teach your dogs and kids road safety by abandoning them on the M1.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2011, 09:36 AM
James French, sums up the trust technique like this -
The Trust Technique is a combination of communication and healing.It works by reducing the thinking levels of any type of animal so that their emotional state changes, allowing them to find confidence.
The technique teaches the human how to enter a relaxed and peaceful state of mind and how to deliver this peace of mind to the animal. This in turn creates a deeper relationship of trust and acts as solid teaching foundation for the animal.

all together...
ommmmmmmmmmmmm
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2011, 10:30 AM
I don't think much of animal communicators. My friend ran a small animal rescue and an animal communicator offered to come in for free as she was a charity. As it was free my friend said "sure, why not." The animal communicator then proceeded to tell her that her rescue collie Finn was dominant because he placed a paw on her knee and went on to tell her that one of the degus didn't like his name and wanted to be called Michael Any possibility of credibility went right out the window at that point!!!

Sone things like TTouch and possibly Reiki might work, but in my opinion this trust technique...in the words of Cartman....sounds like "a bunch of tree hugging hippy cr*p"

I'd definately find out more from your trainer before departing with your hard earned cash
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >