View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 09:47 AM
i have no prob with OFF ROADERs ..............if they are used for that purpose seeing BIG 4X4's doing a school run and a trip to tesco once a week isn't quite off road

i know they are very popular ( and i do like them )
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 09:50 AM

Maybe if you live in a city all you need is a little roller skate car to get around in but I like our 4X4 thank you very much
i thinks thats the aim hun.if you like it then you have to pay for it Unfair to some i know
a little roller skate LOL ..car that pollutes less will be rewarded by lower tax
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 09:54 AM
As you know I have a new 4x4 - it's only a 2 litre engine - a lot of cars are bigger than that!!

I live right next to a city, but I have a dog I need to fit in the back, I also have a business - I need to fit stock in my car, and I'm disabled, and find getting in and out of a car thats low down very painful.

I don't see why people hate them so much - the owners have paid for them, pay for the upkeep, the petrol etc - same as everyone does, no matter what size the car.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 09:57 AM
Us using our 4X4 properly when we went camping (ferrel style) in the highlands lol We took two big dogs all our equipment and stuff we needed - tent and everything that goes with it, food for us, dogs food and us, drove down this inaccesable (to cars) little off shoot and camped further down near a lake lol. At home we use all the dirt road byways which we have quite alot of around here - you don't need to be in 4X4 mode most the time though but you need the extra height!

I can't imagine us in a roller skate so I guess we would have to pay up the extra if it does apply to us.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
its engine size not seat size............most 4X4 's have bigger engines
erm - not necessarily! I have just sold a car that had the same size engine as my 4x4 - but I will be charged the same amount as a businessman in his huge 5 litre top of the range BMW 4x4 or Range Rover!

What about all the farmers who need a 4x4 for their daily work? As usual, this Government doesn't give a toss about the countryside!!
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 10:01 AM
We had an old peugeot before this and man that kicked out some nasty smoke half the time I know this is much cleaner so I'm wondering in comparisson although this has a much bigger engine how worse can it be to that car that we had? Probably no worse at all if not alot better.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 10:02 AM
I agree about the school run inca...lol

half - probably more of those women wouldn't get proper use out of their vehicles and probably wouldn't dream of getting it dirty and should just put their kids on the bus...lol
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 10:04 AM
i thinks thats the aim hun.if you like it then you have to pay for it Unfair to some i know
a little roller skate LOL ..car that pollutes less will be rewarded by lower tax
stupid roller skates
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 10:05 AM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
The new VED increase covers cars which pollute more. This includes some 4x4's, people carriers and sports cars.

The banding is very similar to before and only covers cars registered after March 2001.
Thanks for that info Iso - how accurate is it? I have read all sorts of different responses all over the place on the net.

My 4x4 has a 2 litre engine but is a 2000 - so does that mean mine will be exempt???
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 10:07 AM
i have no prob with OFF ROADERs ..............if they are used for that purpose seeing BIG 4X4's doing a school run and a trip to tesco once a week isn't quite off road

i know they are very popular ( and i do like them )
Completely agree - but the "Chelsea Tractor" brigade have a 4x4 for the pose factor and can probably well afford the increase in tax ... it is the rest of us who suffer
Page 2 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »