View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-07-2015, 09:50 AM
Morning All (especially suec as you're new to this particular looney-bin, don't worry too much if you can't find us all as we are probably just hiding from Matron when she comes with our tablets).
No show for me this weekend so have a little (not much) time to spare, although tomorrow we are off to a summer "do" held down at an animal rescue place in Derbyshire that is particularly close to the Mem's heart.
Hope that all are well today, and that washing doesn't go adrift or other domestic disasters fall upon the members.
Rosebud, very nice of you to offer to make me the whopping Aran (please note - I paid heed to Miss and am now spelling the word Korricktly) but my request for one was purely for comic effect and to throw a spanner into Griff's knitting plans. I had one years ago which lasted some 20 years or so but now would find it too heavy as in my dotage I tend to go for a larger number of thin layers than one great big 'un!
Some dead heading for you Moyra following the storm, but feel sure your roses will recover as there is plenty of summer left.
Nippy - I'm not that struck on sponge cake but could fair go a big bowl of trifle for my elevenses.
Mandy - be careful - you know what they say about things coming back to bite you, can't believe you are really looking forward to the cooking side of things again, perhaps better if you just made a coffee and admired the new kitchen from the vantage point of a centrally located stool!
Hope June feels abit better today and Eileen isn't nursing a headache from all that singing, cheering, shouting etc, all sounds a touch too much for little old grandmothers, if you ask me. Better off staying at home in the rocking chair knitting.
No sign of Sue this morning, usually one of the earlier posters, perhaps little Teazle has taken off down a rabbit hole and she is waiting for a reappearance (could be some time, I speak from experience here).
Have a nice day all and Griff - get out of that bed - it's a lovely morning out there!
Bye fer now.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2015, 09:52 AM
Can the garage or your insurance not lend you a car till yours is ready? Safe you struggling?
Hi Sue, mac cheese sounds good
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2015, 09:54 AM
Mandy...pass him a pot noodle Lol, decision made, he doesn't need to decide what to eat then
TW, do you have anyone who could pop to the shops for you?? if not just be careful you don't get jolted about by the bus. You are right, i am not going to risk spicy food for a bit, the buscopan hasn't worked yet completely... i will have some more later and i think i will take some painkillers too
my new cooker hoo filters have arrived, i have some cleaner for these ones...who the heck invents filters made out of metal that can't be scrubbed clean easily?
editted to say........
Hi gordon, have a good time at your "do" , i am up and about....been up half the night....dogs are having a great time telling me they want the loo and not doing anything when all i want to do is sit on the sofa
Morning ue, you have been a busy girl
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2015, 09:55 AM
Morning LG, suppose looking forward is stretching it a little admiring it sounds better although hubby does like to cook probably reason he's got the grumps on
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-07-2015, 09:56 AM
Cross posted with Sue and Griff, glad to see that you are both up and about. Chilli? Griff - perhaps not the best idea! Hope you are soon well. Takes me ages to tap out a missive so frequently I am behind the action - so to speak - please make allowances!
June you sound heaps brighter, hopefully that little extra rest is what was needed.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2015, 09:58 AM
LG where about in Derbyshire ? Just being nosy of course
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2015, 09:59 AM
hahahah Mandy is going stalking LG
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2015, 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
hahahah Mandy is going stalking LG
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-07-2015, 10:44 AM
I have the drop on her there Griff - for I know what Mandy looks like and she has never seen me, don't doubt she'll get arrested for approaching large, bearded but rogueshly handsome types all over the county on sunday coming!
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-07-2015, 11:18 AM
Yesterdays thread did disappear for a while. I was reading it and went to post and it came up with a message that no thread existed. Maybe I broke it? I looked for it again but the whole Friday thread had disappeared so after a few tries I just signed out. A few hours later when I came back it was all there again.

Went for a walk in the sunshine this morning but sadly it turned into a downpour, got the bus some of the way home then ran the rest but sadly we were half drowned.

Decided to cut my hair yesterday, why oh why do I do that I should have learned over the years. I was using a comb with a blade in it, was doing well then decided to change the blades. I have large bald bits down either side, sadly they don't match it is a horrendous mess that I doubt even a hairdresser could sort so I try not to think of it otherwise I wouldn't go out for a couple of months until it grows
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »