View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2013, 05:45 PM
I seem to recollect when I first joined and was first one up I started the thread not knowing that there was a system of either Helena or Lynn starting it but they soon merged the thread without any problems and that was the first I knew that there was a regime to the thread. I am easy to fit in whatever protocol goes before so it was no problem for me but to apologise for assuming it was ok to start the thread. Easiest mended with an apology or so I always believed.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-07-2013, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Thank you Mini.
That's good to know for other members if they start the morning thread off that if they clash it can be easily sorted.
Lynn I am sure we all appreciate that the daily thread is a big commitment for you and Helena and being the kind of people you are you feel whatever happens you need to uphold that commitment .
I don't think anyone could hope to live up to your of standards but that doesn't mean you should be tied to the task.

If you are free to do it we will all be most grateful , if you aren't any early rising regular could start the thread.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-07-2013, 05:50 PM
Here we all were, "breaking our teeth" over the possible problem of duplicated Morning threads and along comes Mini with the solution!

For Lynn and Helena for having done such a fabulous job!!!

and

For Mini for coming up with the solution!!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-07-2013, 05:54 PM
I think it will be nice if some other members are able to start it off some days.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2013, 05:57 PM
Evening all, from horribly hot Herefordshire.........not to my liking at all

Lynn, I am so sorry about your bad news and hope that you find a good moment soon to break it to your mum.

Have read through the thread, and it seems to me that everything has nicely been thrashed out, because if you say that the first person in puts up the thread, and a mod merges any coincidental duplicate one then there is absolutely no need for a rota as has been suggested............this is simply going back to people being tied, and leads to possible problems if for any reason they cannot do it. Just what Lynn and H are trying to get away from. First one up and awake enough opens the thread...simples!!

Two Corries tonight, whoopee
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-07-2013, 06:12 PM
Hello Sally how is Jimmi's paw today still on the road to recovery I hope.
We have as many doors and windows as possible open again all day today and till bedtime tonight.

Have just done sandwiches for tomorrow's foray into Cambs/Suffolk. One house the one with the 100ft plot has been crossed off the list for now as the man is himself out viewing a property. Maybe if we cannot find what we want tomorrow we can tag it on at the weekend. I am hoping though one gives me that spark tomorrow.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2013, 06:21 PM
Oh Lynn, I do hope that you find something that you really like soon - it must be exhausting tramping around at the moment. Something will fall right for you very soon I am sure, because some people only find one property every few weeks that they want to look at, and you are being more open minded and viewing several. All the very best of luck anyway.

Jimmi's paw is progressing slowly - a little too slowly for my liking really, because normally it is completely back to normal after four days of ABs. Six more days to go, but if after a couple more days it still is not totally right then I will cart him off to the vet.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2013, 06:33 PM
Evening All,

What a beautiful evening with a cooling breeze - I love this time of night after a scorching day. Had as busy one but managed to finish all the furniture and my oldest son came back at just the right time to help lift it all down onto the garden from the balcony ... they do have their uses

Lynn and Helena - Firstly, thanks for the fab job you've both done on this section and you will no longer have to feel 'guilty' if you are out all day etc etc .... although goodness knows why either of you have ever been worried about it ... THANK YOU for doing it for so long now As has been discussed - whoever is up early and wants to start it can ... best to have no rota.

Lynn - The best of luck tomorrow house hunting. All of those properties looked nice but the second of the two you discounted was my favourite - maybe the location was wrong. So sorry to hear that your Uncle passed away today. It's going to be a little cooler tomorrow which should make your journey more pleasant.

L.S. - Whenever I've had abs I always have a little bottle of Yakault or bio yoghurt each day and that stops the upset tum. Glad your bites are getting better now.

Taffsmum - I bet your grandaughter was over-the-moon with that cupcake for her 18th - how could she not be. Happy Birthday to her and I hope she has a great day.

Helena - I can't believe those renters of yours in your van. What a bluddy cheek You'll remember their names and not be renting them the big van next year then I hope Zena is OK now after you tried to lob her ball to the French coast yesterday and expect her to swim after it

June - Wonderful photo of the girls (as expected). How dare they break your rock especially after asking them to look after it When is the tourist info and coffee kiosk being installed along with the white posts and platic chains? God forbid - I hope they leave it all as natural as poss as it looks like a real little patch of heaven there.

I can't remember what else I read over the past 7 pages. Apologies for all of those who I haven't commented on.

.................. I'm still hoping that Tang will come back in here ... a few of us live in hope.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2013, 06:37 PM
SALLY - I forgot to say hello to you .... hopefully you're watching Corrie at the moment and haven't taken offence The excellent news is it will be cooler tomorrow See you later although I will be watching Eastenders and Long Lost Family at 9 but I will pop in, before, during and after

** I pass you a big bar of choklit as promised *** Probably best that it goes on to your hips than mine.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2013, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Brilliant Idea Mini, never even occurred to me that you could merge the threads. Was getting quite confusing for me and there is not a chance I'll ever be in the situation of being first up
Nor me but I hope I can help at some point
I think it is better without a rota so that no one is tied. I'm sure it will work it's self out.

Sally please give Jimmi a hug from Pepsi xx
Page 7 of 12 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »