Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-07-2013, 05:38 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Monday).

Morning everyone. Hot here already so my plan is to get Gorden's breakfast sorted and his lunch then walk Dillon and then feed when we are back.
He had an unsettled night as it was hot despite having all doors and windows open till 10pm when it had started to cool down.

Not much else on today.

Malka I am hoping Pereg and you had a good night.

To everyone else hope yo have a good Monday and stay safe and cool.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2013, 05:47 AM
Morning Lynn and fellow members,

It's going to be another scorcher today 29 - 30 Up nice and early to open all the doors and right now there is a pleasant breeze - I really hope it lasts.

Housework, shopping and putting that wretched garden furniture back together again. I've just fed the dogs so will walk them in an hour.

I hope you all have an enjoyable day and all of you and the dogs are well.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2013, 05:59 AM
Morning Lynn and everyone

Up early here too cos I want to go down the beach again as Zena had a ball down there yesterday, I even got her swimming again, which she hasn't done since this time last year when I tried to drown her by throwing the ball out too far, she dived for the ball and swallowed too much water and was choking to death whilst swimming back to me.

We've had a good week-end, although I had a bit of an "issue" up at the van yesterday, which meant I had to go up there at 5 o'clock in that heat, but it's now sorted after speaking to the neighbours up there who have put me straight on what was going on Nightmare! Always summat isn't there for me Hey ho!

Dave's gone off to work, and our anniversary is actually on Wednesday this week, but thanks everyone for my well wishes and congrats that I've managed a whole 32 years

I've got my neighbour's son painting the house at the end of this week, I can't believe the low price he's quoted for 2 coats, so that'll be another job out of the way for Dave, who's been busy on and off taking the tiles off the bathroom wall. He wants to get that done next, so the more jobs I can get done from outside, it'll soon mean there's actually nothing left for Dave to do here, which I'm sure will please him.

Had a quick skip through of the posts over the week-end when I was popping in and out, but strangely enough, all I can remember is that fantastic cake sitting there for the taking - well done on that Lynne, it was a masterpiece! I speak in past tense here, cos I'm sure it's been demolished by now

Hope everyone is well today, along with the doglets, especially Jimmi with his bad paw and Pereg, not forgetting Rucksack who wasn't too good last time I was in here.

Enjoy your day everyone, we've got a lovely breeze this morning, but it sure was hot yesterday and will be the same again today. Better enjoy it while we can, but have to say, it's a bit too hot for me.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2013, 06:00 AM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Morning Lynn and fellow members,

It's going to be another scorcher today 29 - 30 Up nice and early to open all the doors and right now there is a pleasant breeze - I really hope it lasts.

Housework, shopping and putting that wretched garden furniture back together again. I've just fed the dogs so will walk them in an hour.

I hope you all have an enjoyable day and all of you and the dogs are well.
Morning Jenny, I saw how busy you were yesterday with your painting in that heat too Hope it's all done now and you can relax today.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2013, 06:02 AM
Good morning everyone.,, a glorious morning here. Cool and bright..

After yesterday's ordeal for and by collie, I am better organised today.. they call it experiential learning!

The heat is here for a while, so the dogs have been out an hour in the cool and now they will be out only to pee etc.

Same for me; well not for peeing! Unless I get caught short outside which can happen.

Cleared the kitchen so all is sweet and fair there.

It stayed warm well into the night, eg 21
I know that you have it much hotter there but enough here and we get high humidity as the bog dries out. Bog fires are a danger at these time.

Pollen count is very high so have taken anti histamine and am staying in the cool dark now.

Sewing up the five baby sets done in three days... Loading bits to the car as I take the dogs out,, probably sleeping due to the anti histamine but that is fine too.

Watching the flowers grow; may have enough for one bunch of cut flowers tomorrow; Sweet William mostly. Glorious colour and perfume

Need seeds; Canterbury Bells.. memo to me..

Stay cool and safe..

Blessings and peace
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-07-2013, 06:03 AM

So far so good and Pereg seems to be a bit better this morning B"H with no throwing up or peeing on the bed or carpet. For the moment she has gotten her proper name back but I am looking forward to the return of Da Booga as I am not used to a quiet Pereg! I really do not want to have to go through these last few days again.

I was having a horrible dream when the alarm clock started beeping - went into the kitchen and got Pereg's pills, gave them to her, had a pee and went back to bed hoping for some more sleep, but lay there worrying because I could not actually remember giving her the pills, so went back in the kitchen to check her pill box and yes, this morning's pills had gone and the SAMe and AB were out on the counter ready for when she got up.

I think I am still running on empty and in automatic mode.

Hope everyone has a good day - now for my coffee and ketchup!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2013, 06:43 AM
Morning Lynn and all,

Back to the grindstone today after having a lovely relaxing weekend and even getting a nanny nap yesterday afternoon.
I am not looking forward to work today as i am working under a glass roof this morning and then in a baking hot building this afternoon and evening. The car tax is due this month on top of everything else so had better earn those pennies.

Wow H 32 years. Congratulations! Although you know you get less for murder .

Glad to hear Pereg seems a little better today Malka and i hope she continues to improve.

Jenny good luck with that garden furniture. I'm useless at trying to put things together so don't envy you that job.

Have a good day all and enjoy the sun.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2013, 07:27 AM
Good morning all, enjoy your day, afraid my back has given out again. I walked Amber hoping it would ease it but no so back to the extra strength paracetamol on top of the tramadol. Certainly finding this heat tiresome but it is lovely to see the sun.

Lynn, sorry you had a restless night but it was hot. I am down to just a duvet cover over me no duvet. Cannot make Amber any less hot to cuddle though!

Helena, hope you manage to get Zena down to the beach, sorry you had a spot of disturbance up at the vans. Hopefully it is all settled.

jenny.g, bit warm for dismantling and putting together furniture in this heat. Hope you get it finished today and have a chance to relax.

Malka, so glad that Pereg and you had a better night. I am not surprised you are operating on automatic mode what you have been through lately. I hope those darn contractors hurry up and finish whatever they are doing out there. They seem to be taking a time over it.

Rosebud, you have done well knitting five sets of baby clothes in 3 days at the same time as all that jam making etc. Well done. A lot of hard work though.

Bev, I do not envy you today working under a glass roof. I hope there will be plenty of ventilation on. Do take care and make sure you get a chance to drink plenty of water.

Have a good day everyone and those who have posted while I have been typing this out. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-07-2013, 07:36 AM
Morning jenny be careful in that heat putting the furniture back together again.
Morning Helena. Enjoy the beach but try not to drown poor Zena.
Glad you got the problem at the van sorted and that you have had a nice weekend.
Morning Rose well done with all that knitting and I hope the heat doesn't get to you.
Morning Bev oh no that's not good working under a glass roof today take care. Make sure you have plenty of water to drink.
Morning Moyra sorry to hear the back is still bad. I am sure I have read somewhere heat is as bad as cold for aches and pains.

Dillon has been very naughty on his walk I will be glad when he can off lead again on the field.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-07-2013, 07:48 AM
Morning all, hope everyone is well, not much on here today, but need to keep busy as the house is soooooooooo empty, and need to focus on something other than the obvious

have a good one folks and enjoy the weather xx
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »