View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2013, 08:05 PM
Right all two legged bodies B R E A T H E and pour yourselves a drink.

All four legged bodies - just behave yourselves tonight! A lot of your owners have had a VERY stressful day (me included!)
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2013, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Just a quick visit as my brother and OH are here tonight.

He has them from his GP and two consultants all saying that he is not capable of working. The powers that be haven't even considered them and say that he must go to appeal if he decides to take it further ....... of course he will go appeal and this is all for £61 a week It makes me so cross. He would love to work and really suffers not being able to and he is now in a situation of having to grovel to get a pittance. He worked full time with ill health up until 4 years ago, (he's 57) and paid all his taxes etc.

I hope you all have a good evening and see you all tomorrow.
That stinks! I've read so many people's stories in the media, people who are judged 'fit' for work, despite their obvious disabilities. It seems if you can lift a finger you are deemed able to do some kind of work, although what work this would be - and who would employ you - is irrelevant!

I hope your brother wins his appeal - many do, apparently, when it's gone to appeal. The stress on them having to go that far must be awful.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2013, 09:03 PM
I am on my second drink, and am still breathing Tang!!

Jimmi is fast asleep on a bed somewhere, not his own of course
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2013, 09:26 PM
Evening all,

Had to laugh at Lily suddenly discovering she had a fourth leg after all

I've had quite a busy day, but tonight was not great at cadets. Four of the kids (one of them was Davie so I was not a happy bunny) were found lighting a fire out behind the detachment on the wooded path going towards the local distillery. I went nuts, cause I know it's been very dry here lately and the woods could have easily gone up. It was only a tiny little fire but I wanted it in their heads that lighting any fire like that is not on. I pointed out that there were old folks living down that path, the distillery is combustible. Not to say the reputation the teenagers have in this area is not good so they did not have to add to it.

So they got yelled at, drilled, then made to go and do a litter pick down the path and back...I think they got the point. Gods I hope they got the point. I did get an apology from the last one I expected an apology from so something worked.

I have never been so disappointed in them. I think they got that point too.

Anyway, some study now and some sleep. Tomorrow is Friday! Relaxing this weekend.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2013, 09:45 PM
Lore, what a shame that the Cadets evening was spoiled like that, but hopefully the flea in the ear that you gave them will make them think twice in future about being so thoughtless.

Enjoy your relaxing weekend when you finally get to it
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2013, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
I am on my second drink, and am still breathing Tang!!

Jimmi is fast asleep on a bed somewhere, not his own of course
I wimped out on my own suggestion and had a glass of blueberry green tea! Off to bed now. Nite all.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2013, 10:17 PM
I am off too now. Sleep well all and have a good day tomorrow.
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7