Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-12-2012, 08:32 PM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
Helena hope you are feeling better.

I've had a busy weekend, got our new kit. We are wearing multi terrain pattern (MTP) kit like the army. It has way more pockets, Velcro patches....which provided much amusement for us er...'adults' as we were pulling them off each other and chucking them around. Only the adults have the kit just now. The Xmas dinner was great, apart from one of our cherubs shifted his chair while I was behind him and the foot of the chair and the not insubstantial cherub landed on my foot.

We had games of jenga in the mess later, fun today was equally busy and I am proud to say one of my cadets got promoted to lance corporal. I'm afraid all I've done since getting back is snooze. Just shattered.
Evening Lorraine. Sounds like its been a busy but successful day. I think you deserve a rest.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-12-2012, 08:36 PM
Hope you feel better soon Helena let me know if you want me to do the morning post tomorrow.

June I hope Ash is back to his normal self soon and it is nothing to worry about.
I also hope the shrieking was a lot to do about nothing.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-12-2012, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
...[snip]...
Am watching the Making of a Lady, it's really good (Joanna Lumley is brilliant as a caustic old biddy). Malka you could do with watching this
I kernow wot you his hinsinuatin' but heheheheh hit hain't on 'ere!

I hadmit to bein' an old witc opps biddy but I is a laydee.

*grabs bottle and runs off with it.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-12-2012, 08:42 PM
I'm watching it as well.
Ash had got hold of the foil tray that had their tea on and was playing tug of war. They are going onto proper little bowls now, was using them at the beginning as they were flat.
Found a very chewed frisbee in their toy box and exchanged it for that and gave them another squeaky ball and a chew rope.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2012, 08:43 PM
*casually presses automatic return switch on my special remote control, and awaits arrival of bottle
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2012, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
I'm watching it as well.
Ash had got hold of the foil tray that had their tea on and was playing tug of war. They are going onto proper little bowls now, was using them at the beginning as they were flat.
Found a very chewed frisbee in their toy box and exchanged it for that and gave them another squeaky ball and a chew rope.
Well, if Ash is up to playing tug of war then he is not feeling too bad is he, thank goodness.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-12-2012, 08:48 PM
I tell you when I saw his little soaking wet face my heart was in my mouth. I really really hope it wasn't the mop bucket, that was around 12 noon'ish so surely if something was wrong it would have shown by now. I couldn't smell anything and if he had fell in there he would have smelt very clean! But he smells of puppy
Mop bucket outside on top of the coal bunker where Mabs can't eat the mop
AliStarfish
New Member!
Female 

16-12-2012, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
I kernow wot you his hinsinuatin' but heheheheh hit hain't on 'ere!

I hadmit to bein' an old witc opps biddy but I is a laydee.

*grabs bottle and runs off with it.
I think you need it tonight, I hope your arm isn't too sore.

Helena, fingers crossed this bug doesn't last long.

Tawneywolf, I hope Mum's magic milk has helped Ash and he has no lingering effects.

I am currently cuddled in bed with one ill son and an overtired daughter who needs to chill out and go to sleep. They've had a great weekend with my husband's brother and his wife who are over from Oz for the first time in 2 years. It's been fab seeing them and catching up.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-12-2012, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
*casually presses automatic return switch on my special remote control, and awaits arrival of bottle
B - O - I - N - G

Dat not funny dat woz my noze wot got bumpidid.

*gets scissors, cuts the return cable wotsit, grabs bottle and runs off with it again.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2012, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by AliStarfish View Post
I think you need it tonight, I hope your arm isn't too sore.

Helena, fingers crossed this bug doesn't last long.

Tawneywolf, I hope Mum's magic milk has helped Ash and he has no lingering effects.

I am currently cuddled in bed with one ill son and an overtired daughter who needs to chill out and go to sleep. They've had a great weekend with my husband's brother and his wife who are over from Oz for the first time in 2 years. It's been fab seeing them and catching up.
I bet you have had a wonderful time, but do hope that your boy feels better soon, and that your daughter finally gives in and drops off! Don't forget to get yourself some sleep too!

TW, I know that feeling of sinking heart only too well and really hope that nothing horrible was ingested by Ash. Was there any evidence of splashing or anything around the mop bucket? It does seem more likely that it was just the water bowl, and perhaps it was such a nasty shock for him that it made him sick Fingers are well and truly crossed here.

*Finds Malka hiding in the cupboard with the bottle, smacks her round the ear, removes bottle, and locks her in.
Page 6 of 10 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »