View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2012, 05:37 PM
Chris this must be a very stressful time for you, hope Gary is better soon.
Well I had to go shopping, and there seems to be so much going on here, but I managed to get some Brufen and my back seems to be improving.
Good news about the pups eye screens TW
Hope you all have a good evening, try not to drink too much at tonights party. I notice it is the older members that are the ring leaders
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2012, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by DaisyD0g View Post
Morning all.......

Not alot of news here, we were back to the vets last night withn Tilly, I did update her thread, but anyway she has a severe reaction to the shaving up under her tail, he gave her a steroid injection and I am to put powder on the area constantly to relieve the itching burning etc... and he charged me a fortune for the pleasure$$$$$ anyway the injection was meant to work straight away but by the time we went to be I was only seeing a slight improvement.

Anyhoooooow now I know it is nothing more sinister we will just have to be patient for nature to take its course. On the upside the abcess is looking great, and he was surprised at how quickly that was healing!!! I shall be stating in future she isn't shaved again.

Today working!!!!!!

Hope that everyone's day is going ok, hope Kyiro is healing well, poor love and so patient without walks. Hope that Gary soon starts to feel more himself!! and any other doglets and daily peeps that are poorly soon heal.
Morning Debbie, oh dear, poor little tilly and her sore tail It could be worse though Debbie, at least the actual abcess wound is healing nicely, so that's a blessing isn't it. I'm sure the injection will sort out the rash and she'll be 100% normal by the end of the week-end, fingers and paws crossed for her. Don't work too hard today will you, you might be on rota for the big clean up in here tonight!

Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Good afternoon all ,

Chris I am so sorry that Gary is still not his normal self - what dreadful stress you have been under for so long now Everything crossed for a quick improvement.

Bev, I'm sorry your still having problems with Kyiro's paw. Hopefully once the stitches are out things will settle.

Jen, I hope your back improves quickly. I did my back in when I was 13 coming off a horse I was riding bareback. I have two discs that have degenerated and I have to be very careful now. Back pain is awful

Lynn, my two had the Superlorin implants last Spring. I have no idea what they would have been like without it but they are fine - weeny balls now, but they will return to their normal size when the implant wears off. I was told that the growth plates would not be effected, but two dogs were fully grown at around 9 months of age.

Malka - stop feeling old, it was noticeable that you weren't here last night - hope to see you this evening.

I went to visit my friend this morning and she is being incredibly strong for her sons - she has to be!! Her sons are naturally devastated, one is very angry and the other in total grief!

We have a leak in our utility room and while my OH was trying to find out what was leaking (think its the washing machine) Rucksack managed to grab something on the floor. It was a blister pack of paracetamol and he managed to crunch two up - but think he only ingested just over one Immediately phoned the vet and was told that he will probably have an upset stomach, but if he becomes lethargic or is very sick to take him straight in. This happened over two hours ago and he seems OK. How those tablets got on the floor I have no idea Unfortunately Rucksack will lurch and eat just about anything. Actually he and Flash were little sods when my son and I took them out this morning - both left the field and one chased the other 20 yrds down the road (no traffic). I whistled and it did stop them in their tracks. I think R wanted a pooh and F was chasing him so he rushed out of the field into someone's garden to relief himself.

Quite a stressful morning. Have now got to empty the utility room so my OH who has just come back from a meeting can pull the washing machine out. If you could see the mess in there

I'll try and get back later.
Afternoon Jenny. Not a good day for you either then I'm so sorry about your friend and her poor sons, and thank goodness she has a friend like you for support.

Remember when my washing machine flooded the utility room the other week when Dave had just finished refurbishing it! Our problem was he had stuck the waste hose too far down the pipe and it caused a backlash of all the waste water, never seen so much water on a floor, so I know how bad it must look out there. Never mind, hopefully, O/H will be able to fix it all, and then he can clean it all up can't he. Oh those norty little doglets again today!!!! Can you imagine having dogs without that little bit of norty in them though??? Not much fun are they!!!

Originally Posted by Rosebud77 View Post
Helena; thanks. Needlesss to say the vet will not be paid and a complaint will go forward.

Reading some of the mayhem re drs here and hospitals makes me wonder re all professionals

Hope those affected do use the formal complaint system.

The good news here is that the plumber came. He is the workman who built a lot of the new extension so he knows the house intimately. It was simply the toilet cistern overfilling and spilling. Too him five minutes and then we sat at my kitchen table swapping local "gossip"

Not sure if you remember my finding fresh cow pats where no cow pats should be.. later that day there was a line of bovine faces along the lane. .... Eating any of my plants they could reach, poor loves. They came to tell me they were in trouble... Only young they are.

Called the landlord and he came up; the gate had been deliberately opened again. It defeats me how people can do that kind of stunt.

Mittens finished and all else ready. Will need to be out around 6.30 again am that is ... The weather forecast is not good but we shall see; I am still so new on this market circuit and need to be known for future work .. and I can shop on the way back whatever happens so nothing lost really.
Afternoon Rosebud So glad it was a simple job to fix that leak, I had that type of leak in the caravan, it had been going on for weeks, nobody noticed until the bedroom carpet the other side of the bathroom started getting soaked! I do remember about those cow pats, and I still can't work out just why people would do such a thing as to open a gate to a field with livestock in it!!!! Hope you enjoy the week-end markets and sell lots of your lovely home made wares, it should be busy with Christmas fast approaching.

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Well everyone seems to have had a busy day one way or the other Have been on a Very Important Mission today. Puppies Litter Eye Screen. I have been really worried and had this thing in my mind they would all be fails,but they are all Passes OMG I am soooo happy. These eye clinics are only held wherever I don't live, so have pretty much seen a lot of the North West over the years taking either the girls or their babies to be screened. Appointment this time was in Northwich so Eldest Son took me in the van, we put the puppy playpen up on top of blankets and vet bed and also took Cariad, and all went well, we found the place surprisingly quickly as well
Next Big Hurdle is vet checks, first vax etc but that isn't till after Christmas, so can stop worrying for a while at least
I gave Blaidd that implant you are talking about Lynn, he was 10 months and I had Lona due in season any time (his mum) and Cariad tends to come in season when she feels like it, so she could well have come in and didn't want to risk it. His balls didn't even shrink and it had no effect on him that I could see. As it turned out he went to his new Daddy before Lona came in season, so I needn't have worried, but as it takes around 6 weeks to take effect I thought I better have it done. It wears off with no loss of virility (which I know wouldn't bother you anyway) within 12 months they told me. Glad things are quieter for you today, maybe feeding him later worked.
After I got home from the eye screen, I fed babies, took Cariad out, then took Lona and Mabs, then sorted the recycling and rubbish out, cleaned yard and kennels, put fresh paper down for babies and put them out with Mummy. Left everyone with a bone, went for 3 bags of firewood, then whilst driving I rang Allan who has the babies daddy (JJ) and told him the good news, then I rang our Breed Registrar to tell her, she is also the breeder of my girls so the babies nana and she is really pleased. Then off to Asda, got some pot herbs from the butchers for my bone soup, got special Xmas cards for my friends, and then came home, emptied the washer, put another load in, made a brew and some toast and sat down properly for the first time since 9am this morning.
Here is Todays Fix

Have definately decided to call My Little Girl Isis after my horse
Afternoon June Wot? No chocolate biccies today then?? Toast??? Oh well, you have been o/d'ing on the old chocolate lately I suppose. So, so pleased our little family all past their eye tests today, and that photo, well, it's got to be one for a frame surely Another busy one again for you today June, it always wears me out reading your daily schedule, no wonder you need that flop in that comfy chair with a nice cuppa, try and stay there for at least half an hour, you need to! You're only allowed up to stir the soup pot or rescue Ash from any escape routes he might be investigating whilst you're not looking.

Waiting for Dave now, must have a shower and get on with the curry. Zena is zonked out on her side, but as soon as I get up, I'll be presented with that ball. She threw up again this morning, but that was after breakfast, she drank too much too quickly and half of it came back up, I should have stopped her but I was on the loo when I heard her drinking! I don't know what goes on with that dog I really don't, but I should have put a bit of hot water in the water bowl, it's a big, deep bowl and I had only just filled it from the tap, so it was far too cold for her temperamently little tummy. I've learned my lesson there.

I'll try and pop back later when the magic bottle arrives, once I've welcomed Dave home and fed him, which of course, won't take too long!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2012, 05:39 PM
Oooh loving the puppy fix today!

We have some 'light' snow...the sort of snow that looks like it won't stop. Got cadets tonight and tbh I could do without it but I need to collect medical forms for the weekend.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2012, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Chris this must be a very stressful time for you, hope Gary is better soon.
Well I had to go shopping, and there seems to be so much going on here, but I managed to get some Brufen and my back seems to be improving.
Good news about the pups eye screens TW
Hope you all have a good evening, try not to drink too much at tonights party. I notice it is the older members that are the ring leaders
Yes, I noticed that too Jen I'm one of the younger ones, along with yourself of course. I've managed to steer Sally away from their influence, by getting her stuck into my family history. Mind you, it could be the wrong course I've sent her on, coz from what I heard, they were all a bunch of alcoholics lol! She could come back with big ideas for her magic bottle here!!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2012, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
Oooh loving the puppy fix today!

We have some 'light' snow...the sort of snow that looks like it won't stop. Got cadets tonight and tbh I could do without it but I need to collect medical forms for the weekend.
Afternoon Lorraine You be careful going out in that tonight, it could get worse and it might be difficult getting back, and on top of that you've got a cold so wrap up warm, better still, can't somebody else pick up those papers for you?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-12-2012, 05:54 PM
yeah, like you Helena, I am one of the younger ones as well, can't see why these oldies like to drink so much
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-12-2012, 06:25 PM
I'll have you know
That I am not
An oldie nor
A drunken sot

It's all her fault
The one who's got
The magic bottle
Wot I've not

Had chance to lay
My mitts upon
'Cos when I do
It all has gone

Now where is that bloomin' bottle?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-12-2012, 06:30 PM
In a Magic Box where you need to know the Special Code to get it
coventrycatfish
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-12-2012, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
These eye clinics are only held wherever I don't live, so have pretty much seen a lot of the North West over the years taking either the girls or their babies to be screened. Appointment this time was in Northwich so Eldest Son took me in the van, we put the puppy playpen up on top of blankets and vet bed and also took Cariad, and all went well, we found the place surprisingly quickly as well

Good job you didn't say you were coming to Northwich beforehand, I'd have been tempted to sneak out to meet those little rascals.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2012, 06:48 PM
Malka - brilliant

DaisyDog - poor Tilly and poor you having to pay out so much just prior to Christmas My last dog got a dreadful wet-eczema rash where the vet had shaved her prior to spaying. Fortunately she never had to be shaved again - I wouldn't have allowed it anyway. I hope you poor little girl is feeling better soon.

June - great news about the eye tests Today's puppy fix is adorable - thank you So pleased you've chosen the name Isis for your pup

Rucksack seems none the worse for eating the paracetamol thank goodness. If we get away with no upset stomach I will be even more delighted

The water leak was from a joint at the back of our washing machine - OH tightened it and it all seems fine. It must have been leaking for days and days as the plaster is wet behind it.

I'll try and drop by later to see who is being disgraceful
Page 5 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »