View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deborahjane
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-03-2009, 12:18 PM
Is it possible for you to have an adult chat with this Captain on his own and without your dog being there? Invite him to meet your dog in a quiet time and explain what has happened to her/him in the past. Why should there be one rule for one and another for someone else.....unfair and biased.
LurcherLuver
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-03-2009, 12:19 PM
oh wow poor you, i would hate to be in your position, i think Isochicks idea of the crate is a fantastic idea, that way he has no excuse surely!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2009, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
Could you get a crate in your office so that Bine could go in there if/when these kids come in?

Would the Captain be a bit better if he thinks that Bine would be safely out of the way?
I think a crate is a great idea. Bine can be out with you most of the time, but you could pop her in there when the Captain's children are around. I am sure he couldn't object to that!

If you are forced to leave her at home, then I would make sure she is well exercised before work (at least an hour of free running, play and training), then leave her with some interactive toys or a stuffed kong or raw bone to keep her occupied. I would then suggest either yourself (or friend/dog walker etc) come in half way through the day to give her some time, exercise etc, and then she will need further exercise, mental stimulation etc after work.

I do hope you manage to work things out with the Captain though so she can join you at work.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2009, 06:27 PM
Mmmmm a sweeping generalisation there........
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2