Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-04-2007, 11:25 AM

Not once, Not twice but three times.

Three time I got run into by a flying lab this morning. First off was Coco charging into the back of my leg sending me face first to the floor. Then about five minutes later Skye bounded into the side of my other leg, this time I managed to stay on my feet even though it hurt. The 3rd time I was it by the pair of them, they were running away from Jake, they both charged into the same leg Coco ran into, I fell over once again. I saw Star looking at me lying on the floor holding my knee and he came running over to see how his master was, how wrong was I, he got there to bury his head in my pockets sniffing out his treatss .

So I have been run over before by them but never 3 in one day, I am now sat hear with my knee feeling like it has been hit by a sledgehammer. So if anyone wants to cheer me up by telling me stories of their dogs causing them accidents go right ahead.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-04-2007, 11:27 AM
Sounds sore.

I'm sure an accident is only around the corner for us just now. Breagh keeps getting under our feet !
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-04-2007, 11:30 AM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Sounds sore.

I'm sure an accident is only around the corner for us just now. Breagh keeps getting under our feet !
I know the feeling mate, I stood on star as a pup, he started screaming and his back legs went floppy
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2007, 11:36 AM
Did your legs go floppy ? lol just kidding, I know its not funny, Kain ran into my leg the other day with his shoulder, now I cringe when I know they are running behind me.
Hope its starting to feel a wee bit better.
bethheartchris
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-04-2007, 11:38 AM
Well I fell over all by myself with no blame on the dogs, I slipped in a huge muddy puddle and had to walk home with thick mud all over my bum legs and side!!! I was covered!!!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2007, 11:38 AM
Every morning mine come running full pelt towards me. Usually Charlie, Maddy and their friend Jade who is half rottie half lab.

You learn to dodge mind, but they still get you now and then. It's funny how they have a huge field to run in but insist on running close to you.

One time we had Sadie my mums lurcher on the beach and she ran full speed into the back of my nanna's legs, and she went flying. She was about 75 at the time (my nanna not the dog ).
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2007, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
I saw Star looking at me lying on the floor holding my knee and he came running over to see how his master was, how wrong was I, he got there to bury his head in my pockets sniffing out his treatss .
I guess he thought he was getting his priorities right

I remember when I first got Shaan. As an untrained, young GSD, he was a bloody handful so when I took him out, I used to use an extendable lead. One night, I took him for his last walk when he saw a fox legging it. Shaan thought he could run after him and went hell for leather, with me on the other end of the lead He spun me round that fast, I must of looked like a human drill I ended up on the ground with an excited GSD trying to yank my arm out of it's socket

The joys of dogs
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-04-2007, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by bethheartchris View Post
Well I fell over all by myself with no blame on the dogs, I slipped in a huge muddy puddle and had to walk home with thick mud all over my bum legs and side!!! I was covered!!!

That has cheered me up

Originally Posted by random View Post
You learn to dodge mind, but they still get you now and then. It's funny how they have a huge field to run in but insist on running close to you.
I said that this morning, such a massive space and they still find the same spot on my leg, it makes me wonder if they do it on purpose. I can manage to avoid one and sometimes two but four is becoming tricky.
gaznweebeasties
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-04-2007, 01:23 PM
i was walking kai and jaeger down a bit of a hill last wkend whenthey both started to try and run down the hill and as i stamped my left foot down to stop me from being pulled on my face a section of railing that had been cut down went straight through the sole of my shoe and into my foot

needless to say the air turned a very dark shade of blue and my sock a shade of red
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2007, 01:31 PM
We always let Cassie off the lead before we get to the beach and she always clears the wall down onto the sand. OH is 6' 7" and usually has no problems getting over the wall...until the other day. He misjudged the height of the wall, tripped over it and landed flat out in a bank of sand with Cassie standing at the bottom looking at him.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >