Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2011, 10:08 AM

New book!! (fiction)

I've just started a new book and in it there's a family of four and a female terrier x dog, they move to a new house and the dog refuses to enter, stands on door way shaking, whining and generally not happy. They pick the dog up and bring him indoors and put him on his bed and the dog continues to whine and shake as soon as the door is open the dog shoots outside and sits watching but refuses to enter the door again. If the family leave the dog alone it starts scratching frantically at the door and generally going beserk!!

It says that the dog is usually a friendly, outgoing and a great family dog and has never shown any one these tendancies before.

I know the synopsis of the book and it's probably clouding my view but I find I'm loosing patience with it as I keep thinking - You're dog's telling you it's not a good place to be!!!

So would you 'listen' to your dog that something was wrong with the house or as they have in the book just put it down to a move??
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2011, 03:38 PM
Once went to visit a friend who was a housekeeper & my dog did that at one room. When pulled into the room she growled at an empty chair. My friend said the mother of the family, who hated dogs, had recently died & that was where she always sat. Strange to relate same dog walked into the reputed haunted room in the same house with no qualms.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2011, 07:35 AM
i dont know if i would or not, but if my dog was that unhappy then i guess i would, as i wouldnt want them being so stressed out all the time!

what book is it? i love reading and am in need of some new material.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-09-2011, 08:31 AM
With Rupert I'd initially put it down to the move. It doesn't take much to upset him and moving house is the end of the world! He settles after a week or two though (we're on our 4th place now).

I had a similar problem with my flat in Manchester though. Started with Shadow refusing to be alone in the front room and being really uncomfortable in there even if we were there. When I got Rupert he behaved the exact same way. Didn't want to be alone in the front room, wasn't completely comfortable in there and point blank refused to go to one spot in there. Found out later that the person who'd lived there before us had killed himself in that room.
one.eyed.dog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-09-2011, 12:44 PM
Is it a ghost story?