View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 10:31 PM
Unfortunately, if everyone was of that thinking then Bans would appear without anyone realising it !

The Whole point is to stop them thinking this way as it's the newspapers scaremongering not us !
KathyM
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-01-2008, 10:32 PM
Preaching to the converted here! I'm concerned about the wording of the title of this thread not the contents (although if people go off writing letters of complaint about a "Rotty ban" that doesn't exist it'll do more harm than good) - I've been alongside DNB from the very start.
KathyM
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-01-2008, 10:33 PM
You writing "Rotty Ban" as if it's already been decided IS scaremongering. I suggest a title change and a rethink if that wording will be used in campaign.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 10:35 PM
The wording of the title gets it noticed....simple !

How can complaining do more harm than good ?

The only thing that would do harm, is ignoring all the scaremongering and waiting for something to happen, which will be impossible to fight at that stage !
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 10:36 PM
Originally Posted by KathyM View Post
You writing "Rotty Ban" as if it's already been decided IS scaremongering. I suggest a title change and a rethink if that wording will be used in campaign.
The newspapers are scaremongering about a Rottie Ban..........NOT US !!!

No-one said that wording will be used in a campaign, that's the whole point of this thread
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 10:37 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Then I would suggest that everyone contacts their MP's via the theyworkforyou website with their own personal letter as I know for a fact that individual letters have much more weight than everyone just sending off the same thing. Of course if someone wishes to write a template for people to follow then that should be OK as long as they use their own words.
Becky
I understand what you mean about the indivisual letters as opposed to templated ones: but if we had a standard letter drawn up I feel that alot more people would be willing to send those off than trying to script one of their own. Am I making sense?
KathyM
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-01-2008, 10:38 PM
If you go off complaining about a Rotty Ban that doesn't exist, when the Government has already said Rotties won't be banned, you're stirring up more trouble than good, yes.

By all means support DNB, that's the best plan of action!
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 10:39 PM
Just to add; not that I'm insinuating that people here are lazy! Just that I know I worry that I would have covered fully all the points needing to be raised in such a letter. Though I have begun emailing some local mps already on the issue.

And I'm taking Breed Specific Legislation here for all breeds
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

That's what I was thinking too.

Also if they do see that alot of them are the same, they will know that people are being organised about it and not just spouting off randomely
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Originally Posted by Evie View Post
Signing the petition is great. But I really feel that MPs need to get a sense of how many people feel strongly about this subject. If each of them are recieving individual post and emails on this they will get a true sense of what is going on, as opposed to just viewing the figures of a poll.

They need to know what their voters want....
I agree , i have also signed that particular pettition before xxdk
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >