View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2013, 07:42 PM

Cesar Millan.. starting to really hate him...

So I used to like Cesar and respect him and what he was trying to do for dogs. But I'm beginning to like him less and less now.

Here he is "correcting" a Yellow Labs food aggression. He mistakes calmness for a nervous dog and is bitten in the end. I've NEVER seen a Lab react like that and I've own Lab mixes and dealt with them all my life. Jade had food aggression and had I dealt with it like that, I'm sure I'd have ended up hospitalized! He's lucky Holly is only a Labrador!

BTW, Holly still lost her home... and ended up with Cesar Millans "pack" of dogs that he couldn't rehabilitate safely.

Look at all his dogs. I see tucked tails, fearful dogs... the way he says "Are you kidding me??" and the dog crouches down to the ground is terrible! Junior used to be such a lively dog. Why scare your dogs into obedience?

His methods are harsh of course, but I think what we are allowed to see is only the tip of the iceberg. I no longer like him or respect him. His Dog Whisperer show has had it's last season, but he's coming out with a new show soon...
BlueJay
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2013, 07:57 PM
He's a foul, disgusting excuse of a person; I'm not surprised he got bitten!
He's a shameless bully - as countless threads already show!
Just look at his punch that dog at the beginning of the first clip

I'm outraged that his shows still get played over here...
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2013, 07:59 PM
Welcome to a large group of people who think this man is a showman and has no real knowledge of what is going on in dogs minds! He's from the dark ages! Dogs are not stupid and are under no illusion that we are dogs and want to work with us not against us.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2013, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by BlueJay View Post
He's a foul, disgusting excuse of a person; I'm not surprised he got bitten!
He's a shameless bully - as countless threads already show!
Just look at his punch that dog at the beginning of the first clip

I'm outraged that his shows still get played over here...
Well said. I'm always amazed that people don't think further than what they are shown on his shows. One glaringly obvious question I would want answered is why do they flash up the warning of do not try this at home so frequently. Because his methods are dangerous!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2013, 08:04 PM
He did punch Holly, right in her neck, which is why she bared her teeth like that. It wasn't the food aggression reacting there, it was the fact that he hit her, pretty hard... and she doesn't know him.

Had she not been a Labrador, I grant he wouldn't have even tried that. Trying that on an unstable German Shepherd, or Rottweiler, or pit bull can get you REALLY badly bitten. He usually muzzles the aggressive pit bulls, in case you didn't know. What a coward!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2013, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
He did punch Holly, right in her neck, which is why she bared her teeth like that. It wasn't the food aggression reacting there, it was the fact that he hit her, pretty hard... and she doesn't know him.

Had she not been a Labrador, I grant he wouldn't have even tried that. Trying that on an unstable German Shepherd, or Rottweiler, or pit bull can get you REALLY badly bitten. He usually muzzles the aggressive pit bulls, in case you didn't know. What a coward!
And there was no reason to do any of it. Could be done so much more easily and effectively with kind methods and not pressuring the dog gradually getting the dog used to people being closer to their food.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2013, 10:18 PM
On the subject of CM - you're 'preaching to the converted' here if you know what that expression means.
Shriley
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-05-2013, 11:17 PM
I can't help but worry what on earth he has done to make those dog react in fear to that 'ssssstt' especially Junior and Buddha, those poor dogs are so scared of him

I'd be heartbroken if my dog reacted to me like that
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2013, 06:36 AM
I also can't understand why people done critique his methods further....so he's bullied that dog into letting him eat the dog food. Now what would happen if a baby or child came up and tried to put their hand in the bowl? Chances are the dogs would weigh them up and decided they might win with this small person!

I also don't agree with keeping children away from dogs eating their food. The need to know that they shouldn't approach any dog, but ....because of the way Tonks was trained, she actively likes people coming to her when she eats! A a puppy we would all, including Paul's children rummaged around in her bowl. I would click as so as their hand went in and they would open their hand to release a piece of liver cake, or tuna, or chicken! Anyone can come up to her when she's eating and her tail stays at the same level, completely relaxed and if their hand goes in the bowl she watches it expectantly wagging her tail. If her bowl is taken away she knows its going to come back with something even more exciting in it!

Remus hasn't had the same start and although he doesn't so any food aggression I don't trust him as much so he eats in his crate and I ask the girls occasionally to drop treats into this bowl through the bars. He's fine with me sticking my hand straight in and adding bits.
Nikki
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-05-2013, 08:07 AM
I hate his methods

But a labrador can do just as much damage as a german shepherd, pit bull etc so its not only a labrador!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >