Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-09-2013, 04:59 AM
Originally Posted by Gemini54 View Post
Hi MG
I have been wondering,how things are please let us know

Gemini54
Hey Gemini54
I just wrote a long post about my progress with Kye , went to preview it and lost it. So if it does go through then just disregard this message, because I will be repeating myself. We had a lot of progress with Kye this past week. He was sleeping in the lower level on his comforter by the entertainment center when all of a sudden both he and I heard some strange noises. It sounded like someone was throwing stones at the window of the door. He got scared and ran upstairs on the main floor. My sister and her daughter were over visiting, and they laughed and said , hi Kye , did you come to visit us? It was really a shock because he layed on the floor by us with the TV on, and he is afraid of the TV. It turned out to be acorns falling from our oak tree. My Husband parked the wheel barrow under the oak tree in our yard , when they dropped they hit the wheelbarrow and then bounce off into the doorwall.So that was a pleasant surprise. We had fireworks going on from the neighbors this evening. So he ran up to our bedroom for safety. He knew I was up stairs by the computer. So he sat ,then layed down right next to my chair. I pet him and told him you are safe ,and that no one will hurt you. He is still scared of my Husband, he runs right past him. We had a little problem of a few episodes of him making pee pee by our wood burning stove. I scolded him verbally to let him know that I don't like him making my house into a toilet. Then I felt bad, but I had no choice ,he has to stop that. Now he comes upstairs in our bedroom , and whines to wake me up. When he can see that I am getting up he runs downstairs to the doorwall for me to let him out. No more accidents ,knock on wood so far. I am so pleased with the progress we are having with him, and feel blessed to have come this far. I look forward to having him finally accept my Husband, and that I can walk him on a leash.
morningglory
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-09-2013, 05:09 AM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
Cat,how are things going?
Hi Eileen, Just wrote a progress report about Kye on Gemini54. page. Check it out, he is really surprising me on his progress. It seems like nothing goes on for awhile then all of sudden we take another jump forward. He is a daily joy and a challenge. But it is so rewarding to see progress. Progress with Kye is showing signs and acting like a regular dog that we all take for granted. Nice hearing from you.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2013, 06:44 AM
Originally Posted by morningglory View Post
Hi Eileen, Just wrote a progress report about Kye on Gemini54. page. Check it out, he is really surprising me on his progress. It seems like nothing goes on for awhile then all of sudden we take another jump forward. He is a daily joy and a challenge. But it is so rewarding to see progress. Progress with Kye is showing signs and acting like a regular dog that we all take for granted. Nice hearing from you.
Good news!
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2013, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by morningglory View Post
Hey Gemini54
I just wrote a long post about my progress with Kye , went to preview it and lost it. So if it does go through then just disregard this message, because I will be repeating myself. We had a lot of progress with Kye this past week. He was sleeping in the lower level on his comforter by the entertainment center when all of a sudden both he and I heard some strange noises. It sounded like someone was throwing stones at the window of the door. He got scared and ran upstairs on the main floor. My sister and her daughter were over visiting, and they laughed and said , hi Kye , did you come to visit us? It was really a shock because he layed on the floor by us with the TV on, and he is afraid of the TV. It turned out to be acorns falling from our oak tree. My Husband parked the wheel barrow under the oak tree in our yard , when they dropped they hit the wheelbarrow and then bounce off into the doorwall.So that was a pleasant surprise. We had fireworks going on from the neighbors this evening. So he ran up to our bedroom for safety. He knew I was up stairs by the computer. So he sat ,then layed down right next to my chair. I pet him and told him you are safe ,and that no one will hurt you. He is still scared of my Husband, he runs right past him. We had a little problem of a few episodes of him making pee pee by our wood burning stove. I scolded him verbally to let him know that I don't like him making my house into a toilet. Then I felt bad, but I had no choice ,he has to stop that. Now he comes upstairs in our bedroom , and whines to wake me up. When he can see that I am getting up he runs downstairs to the doorwall for me to let him out. No more accidents ,knock on wood so far. I am so pleased with the progress we are having with him, and feel blessed to have come this far. I look forward to having him finally accept my Husband, and that I can walk him on a leash.
Hi I am so glad,that he is making such good progress,we still have the leash to get right,but in a funny way things that involve leaving the home i.e the car or a walk,seems to be a problem,maybe in his doggy mind,he is worried of being taken away and associates those events to him ending up in the woods scared and alone,but all we can do is continue and prove to them that we are here to stay and they have reached there forever home.Gemini54
morningglory
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-09-2013, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Good news!
Thanks you for showing your interest and concern.
morningglory
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-09-2013, 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by egroeg View Post
Hi MG,

Would love to hear any updates on Kai. How's he doing with hubby now? Is he bringing his slippers yet?
Hey Nicky , I miss you ,how are you doing. I sent you a reply on this page but apparently it did not go through.I wrote about Kye's progress on Gemini 54 page. But I want you to know that I responded to your page first because you wrote me before she did. I don't know what happens but sometimes when I preview the post then go back to submit it gets lost in space. Kye runs past my Husband but at least he is trying . My niece came over yesterday and he let her pet him ,but not my Husband. It is for sure a man thing that he has a problem with. Looking forward to hear how are you doing.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2013, 07:01 PM
Goodness, you are making huge progress with that dog! Massive congratulations.

The problem you are still having with your husband is one that may take a very very long time to overcome, especially as it is likely that he suffered at the hands of a man in the past. Don't despair though, given all that patience that you clearly have in abundance, he will come round eventually.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-09-2013, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
The problem you are still having with your husband is one that may take a very very long time to overcome, especially as it is likely that he suffered at the hands of a man in the past. Don't despair though, given all that patience that you clearly have in abundance, he will come round eventually.
I totaly agree on this, it may well be the last thing that he comes to accept and as Sally has said the likelyhood is that a man was responsible for his condition when you found him. You are sure making progress.

I was interested to read that he 'runs' past your husband, this was something that our Rianna used to do whenever she had to go through a room where Baruska was sleeping or where she had to go close to Baruska. It's like they are trying to minimise the time they are together so that nothing bad will happen in those few moments. With Rianna it was only when in the house and close, outside in the garden or the meadow or in the forrest it never happened.
Hiker
Dogsey Junior
Male 

05-09-2013, 11:22 PM
What an amazing story, I've just come across it and had to read it from start to present. Morningglory, what an achievement, well done. I know you're not there yet, but you should be very proud.

In relation to Kye and his fear of men, it doesn't necessarily mean he was mistreated by a male, or anyone. A lot of dogs that went straight from their mother to a loving home, can also show fear of males. It's pretty common.

Not being exposed socially to a variety of males when they're young is a major factor. Males have deeper voices, may walk differently, different facial hair etc.
Even if a pup has met a lot of males, they always seem to be wary of male strangers more than female ones.

What your husband is doing, is perfect I think. Leaving treats, and not pushing Kye to come to him. The meeting has to be on Kyes terms, which I'm sure you're aware of at this stage. But, I think when Kye does finally trust him, he'll be stuck to him like glue, I hope your husband will be ready for that!

I wish you both the best of luck, so glad he found you.
Page 19 of 21 « First < 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 >