Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-11-2011, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
Aw dear xxx I feel for you, what you need to do is be really selfish and mean then you end up with a daughter like me who disowned her parents and doesn't see them from one month to the next

Heehee, no, just kidding, i'd just tell them straight, don't bother being subtle, they'll understand, it isn't much to ask, they're lucky having a mum like you
Aww, Thanks.

I have been recently looking for a holiday for me and OH to go away in May next year. I spent all last week scouring the web. I think I have done a search on all the holiday sites.....

..... Now I think I will do a Shirley Valentine and bug*** off on my own !!!
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2011, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Kids never stop being kids, I have 2 in their 30, both have stable relationships/married, homes of their own, kids etc etc., but still when they come here, I suddenly hear MOM.. MOM.. MOM.. MOM.. can you... will you.... could you.... sort out this that the other... offer advice.... have you got.... any chance of... I wouldn't ask but.....I need a favour.... I wouldn't ask if it wasn't important.....thought you might be able.........any food Mom..... can I have this........ could I just borrow...... are you using this..... do you need this.........thought you might have time to.....as your home all day.....could you look after.....can you help decorate......any chance you could lend a hand....as your not doing much....I thought you might like to help me with.....can you house sit, dog sit, chicken sit,

and we foster kids too

Just tell um...................ADULT TIME..........OUT YOU GO

I am 37 and that all sounds just like me

But seriously, I was still living at home at 23 and did more than my fair share around the house. In fact as both my parents worked I did everything from the washing to the cooking. I wouldn't have dreamt of being like yours are, they need to learn some manners and respect for both of you!

So start putting your foot down!!!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2