Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2011, 06:03 AM

Missed you But Was Rushed To Hospital

As some of you know I started a new job and within a week and a half was off sick . I got what was thought a really bad chest infection and despite 2 different types of antibiotics, and two courses of steroids I got worse till I could barely breathe at all, my chest was really painful and my heart was racing.
Thur morn I went back to the doctors as I felt so weak and lightheaded with these symptoms and I had also developed a pain in my left calf that wouldn't go away.
Doctor phoned the hospital immeadietly and I was rushed in there and then with a suspected blood clot on the lung.
I had those awful blood tests twice in your wrists to measure my oxygen levels which were very low.
Anyway good news x-ray, scans and tests later is it wasn't a blood clot but my x-ray showed my lungs are a mess and I have Emphasema (sp)/ COPD. Although I havn't smoked for over a year unfortunatly the years I did have messed up my lungs.
I petered and pestered to get out of hospital last night as I couldn't face another sleepless night with people shouting in there I needed some rest. I am now on steroids for a few weeks and a couple of inhalors and ordered strict rest.
I have to go and see my doctor Monday and as I don't know what my long tern prognosis is with this as I don't know much about it, so need to discuss that. Hoping it will clear up quickly so i can get back to work Tue as I feel so bad and guilty being off like this.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2011, 06:13 AM
I told you you were ill!

If you have got emphysema or COPD you need to be realistic about the stae of your lungs and your capacity to work and please do NOT underestimate the amount of time it takes to recover from lung problems. You cannot just expect to toddle back to work after a couple of days!

Not much point in rushing back to work to go to hospital again!

So, take care of yourself, if the job goes up the swannee, your health is more important!

Get well soon!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2011, 06:13 AM
Oh dear Bev At least there's some good news in there, the fact that you didn't have a blood clot I suppose. Don't know much about it, except that my friend had this for 10 years, she still has, sometimes she's so bad you don't see her for weeks, and other times she's fine, but I expect that's when she gets a cold or chest infection. Hers started at 60 and she's 70 now and still going strong, she walks the dogs and does her horse!

You really must do what they have told you now, you need rest and lots of it. You're lucky in that you have some nice, lazy doglets who really don't care about their walks so put yourself first this time until you're feeling up to it, otherwise you could end up back in there!!

As for work, I'm sure they'll understand, and if they don't want to pay you sick pay, then I'm sure you can claim it elsewhere until you're fit and well again to go back to work. You are a little piece of gold to them, they won't want to get rid of you Bev, and I'm sure they'll work something out that they either re-instate you when you're fit and ready or just keep you on the back burner so try not to worry about the work. As long as you keep them informed they'll be well happy I'm sure.

I hope you feel like you're getting better each day now Bev with all the medication, and I hope you'll be back to normal soon when you've RESTED!!! Don't worry about anything else but yourself, it's time to slow down.xxxxx
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2011, 06:15 AM
Oh no, poor you. Don't even think about rushing back to work, they will understand. Give yourself time to recover.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-10-2011, 06:40 AM
So sorry Bev. Glad you are home now.

I think you will need rest and for sometime. You have been and still are quite ill. I think the only way this is kept under control is to be sensible. It doesn't mean not going back to work but it will mean when you are recovered and being sensible when you do.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-10-2011, 07:31 AM
Wot they ⇈⇈ all said.

xx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2011, 07:49 AM
Thanks everyone. I took the dogs out for a little walk this morning and I am going to get my act together and go to visit Mr Tesco so we can eat and then go to PAH so dogs can eat and then I will certainly be resting as the lack of energy I feel is overwhelming.
Feeling a bit guilty as its my Grandsons birthday today and i had promised to take him down to Frinton Beach and walk along to Walton, go on the pier penny machines and then walk back to frinton but no way could I manage that, so he will go with his dad and then i will do him a little Birthday tea here so they can call in on their way back.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2011, 07:58 AM
So sorry to hear that you did end up in hospital ... but at least you now know what you are dealing witnh.

As others have already said, try not to worry about work and just get yourself fully fit again.

Take care.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-10-2011, 08:13 AM
Now Bev, you take it easy! Don't rush into going back to work and don't try to force it, by the sounds of it you have an understanding boss and I'm sure they will be fine

Hugs from me and schnorkles from Dougal.
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-10-2011, 08:23 AM
Oh bev!! Glad youre on the mend but please do take it slowly! I dont want to see another one of these threads from you thanks! Id like to see a well one!

Tescos do a collect in store thing so you can order online then just go and pick it up - this would be better than you having to go down all the isles and into the cold bits!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >