View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tiny Paws
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-10-2011, 05:09 PM

New Acceptable Reasons for divorce - THE XBOX!!!!

Mon - Fri my Hubby works really long hours and goes to bed really early as he's up early each morning. We therefore get a total of about an hour together each day during the week, which is used for eating our tea.
Then the weekends, I like to spend as much time together to make up for the week days.
But then hubby is on the xbox ALL BLOODY DAY, and we're out at a friends house tonight, where the sodding xbox will be on again!!!!
AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!
When I try to bring it up, I get told that he doesn't like doing what I want to do, so does his own thing, regardless of me or the kids!!!! He doesn't know the meaning of the word comprimise.
I get so lonely during the week, and now I feel wrong for wanting time together during the weekends.
Sometimes I feel that he has a more meaningful relationship with the Xbox than me - and I'm sure he'd prefer it that way, as the Xbox doesn't complain!!!
Sorry to rant, I'm just really at the end of my tether, and if it wasn't for the fact that the xbox is actually the kids, I would smash it up with a hammer.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2011, 05:18 PM
I have a O/H who just loves his xbox and when that ain't on it's flaming sport

He does play on it with the kids though,so I do my own thing on the pc
And I have sky multi room so I do get to watch what I want
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2011, 05:22 PM
Ohh I feel your pain!

My OH hasn't been too bad lately, but thats probably as there hasn't been any new games out he's been interested in...where as on the 8th November, it'll all start again.

I don't mind too much, 99% of the time he does the housework or helps with it & picks the kids up, does stuff with them. So when the new game comes out I just let him get on with it as I know once hes clocked it, he'll be back on planet earth

ETA he works 4-5 12 hr shifts a week too
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2011, 05:39 PM
Simple - we play games together
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2011, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
Simple - we play games together
We did that at one point...but he prefers shooting games & I prefer racing games
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

22-10-2011, 05:52 PM
I probably only see my OH for an hour a day too, he works long unsociable hours including most weekends and when he's home he's usually knackered so if he's not asleep he's watching all the rugby and motorsports he's recorded, tbh I don't have a problem with it, he's not working those hours for fun so however he wants to relax is fine with me.
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-10-2011, 05:55 PM
My OH isnt too bad - he doesnt play it for more than a couple of hours (the blessing of ADHD - he gets bored very quickly) however when he does play Xbox live he is SO LOUD!!!

I dont care if im just sitting on here or whatever but when its midnight and i have work it drives me up the wall!!
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2011, 06:21 PM
My OH is the same. He works mon-fri and has an hour or so on the xbox when he gets home.
It gets a bit annoying sometimes but hes working to support us so I dont mind him relaxing on the xbox
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2011, 08:44 PM
I feel for you. My hubbys a computer addict. If he's not playing games he's watching YouTube videos. We've found a few games we can play together (the big one being World of Warcraft although we like different things within the game) and we find other things we enjoy to do together. Movies, the odd game of Scrabble, playing with Rupert and a few other things.

I'd be fuming if he refused to compromise though. He may want to spend all his free time on the computer but he married me and needs to spend SOME time with me.
cath25
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-10-2011, 10:11 PM
This has cause a few arguments in our house - even though were not married. I could still kill him and the xbox! I dont mind as i like to do my own thing and what ever i do ask him to be fair he will do - unless hes on fifa which he cannot pause apparently hmmmm.. :P
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >