Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2011, 07:19 PM

Regrets

Do you regret NOT having children after making a conscious decision not to or are you glad you made that decision?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2011, 07:22 PM
No regrets here! I could take it or leave it, but hubby wanted to leave it so we did, but I have no regrets, I'd rather have a puppy thanks! Each to their own though. I do, however, love my neighbours kids and apparently they "adore" me coz I make 'em laugh and always have the time for them coz I don't have my own, and when I get fed up with them, I can come back indoors and shut the door on them lol! I like it this way
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2011, 07:54 PM
See I have this weird fear of being pregnant, I want children - later on in life (mid/late 20's) but the thought of having something inside me puts me off and I don't like the thought of my belly button popping out and hippo feet.. it's all irrational but it's me and I know one day I'll regret not having them if I don't. But for the time being - a puppy would do nicely thanks
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2011, 08:07 PM
Never wanted children, took precautions to ensure I never had any & as a friend of mine says about me in jest"she doesn't like children, she's a vegan" no regrets
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-10-2011, 08:09 PM
[QUOTE=Westie_N;2378378regrets ?[/QUOTE]

I've had a few. But then again, too few to mention
lilyput
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-10-2011, 08:20 PM
Not quite on topic but here's my thinking!

I love my boys, I really do, but I think if I hadn't had them, I wouldn't have regretted it. If I had my time over again (with an old head on young shoulders) I would live my life very differently and I doubt if it would include children!
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2011, 08:25 PM
..... i feel bad for my mum
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2011, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
No regrets here! I could take it or leave it, but hubby wanted to leave it so we did, but I have no regrets, I'd rather have a puppy thanks! Each to their own though. I do, however, love my neighbours kids and apparently they "adore" me coz I make 'em laugh and always have the time for them coz I don't have my own, and when I get fed up with them, I can come back indoors and shut the door on them lol! I like it this way
I bet you're a brilliant 'aunty' to them, H! Nice that you can close your door for a bit of peace though.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2011, 08:27 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
See I have this weird fear of being pregnant, I want children - later on in life (mid/late 20's) but the thought of having something inside me puts me off and I don't like the thought of my belly button popping out and hippo feet.. it's all irrational but it's me and I know one day I'll regret not having them if I don't. But for the time being - a puppy would do nicely thanks
Well, I guess if you get yourself in to that situation, you've got no choice but to get yourself out of it.

I would love a puppy, but it won't be happening just now, unfortunately!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2011, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
Never wanted children, took precautions to ensure I never had any & as a friend of mine says about me in jest"she doesn't like children, she's a vegan" no regrets
That's a good one.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >