View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 01:28 PM
Big hugs to everybody that has been through this xxx I lost my baby, early, at 10 weeks. Even though it was early, you still have their whole lives mapped out in your mind.

Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
I'm pregnant again now - and it's dreadful - all the "whens" get stolen and taken away and replaced with "ifs" - you never get that innocence and optimism back - even when I'm being scanned weekly (I love our EPU - they put you into the miscarriage/reassurance scan monitoring system at 2 losses - not three) I'm still going slowly insane that it'll all go wrong now!
Totally agree, it is such a shame, i'm only 4 weeks away from my due date with my second pregnancy, I still worry, I won't feel safe until he is out, screaming and in my arms. I'm glad they're looking after you. Please try not to worry, impossible I know, I don't know why I said that. Keep busy xxx
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 01:53 PM
My Mother had 2 miscarriages and one she carried full term but died just after being born.

I am 9 weeks pregnant with baby no4 and I still get worried and, like Akitagirl said, until they are physically in your arms I don't think it is possible to not worry

My heart goes out to all of you that have suffered a loss
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 02:46 PM
Oh but this makes me curse... the amount I wasted on flipping contraception! Thinking that if I removed my underwear without 10 Hail Marys and five layers of Durex I'd be the instant mummy of five!

6 years of infertility followed by three lost babies taught me how utterly naive I'd been on that particular front! (If I sound flippant about it all - its my sense of humour and not a sign that it doesn't still hurt)

I'm pregnant again now - and it's dreadful - all the "whens" get stolen and taken away and replaced with "ifs" - you never get that innocence and optimism back - even when I'm being scanned weekly (I love our EPU - they put you into the miscarriage/reassurance scan monitoring system at 2 losses - not three) I'm still going slowly insane that it'll all go wrong now!

I had candles lit on Saturday and have a tree in the garden I planted that flowers when the main losses would have been due (lovingly watered by the dogs ) but as usual I saw friends getting rubbish from other "friends" for putting things on their F B status and the helpful "oh you need to get over it" comments.
The first bit of this made me smile because you are so right! I also get the humour as its a tool i use as well sometimes.

Good luck with the rest of this pregnancy and look forward to seeing pictures of the LO.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 05:00 PM
Oh but this makes me curse... the amount I wasted on flipping contraception! Thinking that if I removed my underwear without 10 Hail Marys and five layers of Durex I'd be the instant mummy of five!

6 years of infertility followed by three lost babies taught me how utterly naive I'd been on that particular front! (If I sound flippant about it all - its my sense of humour and not a sign that it doesn't still hurt)

I had candles lit on Saturday and have a tree in the garden I planted that flowers when the main losses would have been due (lovingly watered by the dogs ) but as usual I saw friends getting rubbish from other "friends" for putting things on their F B status and the helpful "oh you need to get over it" comments.
I'm going through this at the moment. I find there are so few people I can reach out to at this stage. It's like, they've all moved on from it so why haven't I.

I've been in floods all day because we're trying to sell our house. Things that I would normally shrug off just seem to send me crashing down and when I try to talk about it everyone just tells me I need to get on with it. Erm, I'm trying!

I'm also surrounded by growing bumps in the office. I'm delighted for all of them but it is very hard to keep a brave face when I wonder if it will ever be me. One of the girls is the stage I would have been at now and I can't help but imagine it all being me when I see her.

Other than that I hear you both on the sense of humour. Usually it's more like hysterical laughter though
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 06:40 PM
i know this is late to join this thread but i lost a baby before my two sons and i am also a grandma to Oscar John that was born sleeping. its 3 yrs on the 24th October since Oscar but i still mourn for him and wonder what he would be like....

hugs for all that have lost a baby...

sue xx
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 07:11 PM
If you're struggling - there's a really good miscarriage association group on that social networking site we don't mention (and a second, private group for those who don't want posts showing in their news feed) which, although at times it can end up being a bit too much for me, is very supportive and realistic (and actually has the MA staff posting on it so doesn't tend to degenerate into the guesswork and randomly made up statistics that some boards do).

As for the bumps... I used to secretly, silently wish them massive doses of the biggest piles known to man - it didn't affect them but it made me feel much better thinking that!

I still collapse at it all now - and my last one was this time last year. It really really threw me at the EPU the other week when we were waiting and saw a couple being ushered out of the scan room, into the quiet room and then subsequently leaving with a leaflet - brought it all back. Plus I now know there's a support group in the city - and no one ever brought it to our attention, there's no information on it in the EPU - nothing!

Seriously miscarriage care is NOT something to get me started on... that, coupled with the years of infertility brought me very close to the brink of suicide last year - even then there was no support out there for us.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by Blackie's Mum View Post
i know this is late to join this thread but i lost a baby before my two sons and i am also a grandma to Oscar John that was born sleeping. its 3 yrs on the 24th October since Oscar but i still mourn for him and wonder what he would be like....

hugs for all that have lost a baby...

sue xx
Never too late and your loss is terrible, so sorry for you all xx

If you're struggling - there's a really good miscarriage association group on that social networking site we don't mention (and a second, private group for those who don't want posts showing in their news feed) which, although at times it can end up being a bit too much for me, is very supportive and realistic (and actually has the MA staff posting on it so doesn't tend to degenerate into the guesswork and randomly made up statistics that some boards do).

As for the bumps... I used to secretly, silently wish them massive doses of the biggest piles known to man - it didn't affect them but it made me feel much better thinking that!

I still collapse at it all now - and my last one was this time last year. It really really threw me at the EPU the other week when we were waiting and saw a couple being ushered out of the scan room, into the quiet room and then subsequently leaving with a leaflet - brought it all back. Plus I now know there's a support group in the city - and no one ever brought it to our attention, there's no information on it in the EPU - nothing!

Seriously miscarriage care is NOT something to get me started on... that, coupled with the years of infertility brought me very close to the brink of suicide last year - even then there was no support out there for us.
PMSL re the piles. Have PMd you. My EPU were fantastic I must say and you've just brought it all back for me with the 'leaflet' scenario. It will never leave me, I just hope one day to make my peace with it.

So glad you stayed strong xx
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2011, 08:04 PM
Never too late to join Sorry for your loss and your grandson. A family member of mine had a son born sleeping, she's now on her 3rd full term awake baby and 8th pregnancy.
I'm glad you're still here dizzi, I can only imagine how you felt.
We're here to talk to Pidge, we understand
After my ectopic, I came back to work and within days my manager announced her pregnancy, she was due a week after I would have been...she's just come back from maternity leave. It's still hard. My baby would be 10 months old now
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2011, 09:12 AM
Dizzi i hear you on the whole miscarriage care thing, in our local hospital there is only one waiting room for scans both normal and the EPU. Which means you have to sit with all the happy normal pregnant ladies every time. Who are staring at you because you are in tears waiting to find out the bad news. No one seems to care and you should be over it as soon as the physical symptons are over, which is not the case.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2