View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-09-2011, 03:11 PM
Lots and lots and lots of huggles. I could say lots more but will not - just sending as many huggles as you want.

And then some more....xxx
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2011, 03:13 PM
[QUOTE=Pawsonboard;2345904]

I do want to get married before I have a baby, how long were you and your OH together before he proposed?

QUOTE]

We met March 19th 2010...he proposed 19th March 2011...were getting married 31st March 2012. Quite fast, but its worked for us, so far anyway lol x
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-09-2011, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Lots and lots and lots of huggles. I could say lots more but will not - just sending as many huggles as you want.

And then some more....xxx
Thankyou malka xxx

[QUOTE=kate_7590;2345957]
Originally Posted by Pawsonboard View Post

I do want to get married before I have a baby, how long were you and your OH together before he proposed?

QUOTE]

We met March 19th 2010...he proposed 19th March 2011...were getting married 31st March 2012. Quite fast, but its worked for us, so far anyway lol x
Me and the OH met 8th sept 2009, i moved in on the 27th sept 2009 and i want him to propose!!

Doesnt help that hes been hinting lol
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2011, 03:20 PM
Aw hun....I'm so sorry you feel like this. I echo what others have said in that there is no right time to have a baby..it's just what's right for you. All I can say is relax. Being uptight about it may make it more difficult to conceive when you're ready. Just enjoy plenty of "fun"!!!
I went through a phase like this when I was younger. I was desperate for a baby of my own and all my friends were getting pregnant and I dreaded the next one saying she was preggers. But things can change....feelings can change. I'm now 42 and I'm so very glad I didn't have a child of my own! It wouldn't have been for me. I want to look after dogs not kids!!
I have my stepson who lives with us and that's enough for me!
Just do what is right for you...just don't rush into anything, coz when it's here, you can't change it!!
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-09-2011, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by zoe1969 View Post
Aw hun....I'm so sorry you feel like this. I echo what others have said in that there is no right time to have a baby..it's just what's right for you. All I can say is relax. Being uptight about it may make it more difficult to conceive when you're ready. Just enjoy plenty of "fun"!!!
I went through a phase like this when I was younger. I was desperate for a baby of my own and all my friends were getting pregnant and I dreaded the next one saying she was preggers. But things can change....feelings can change. I'm now 42 and I'm so very glad I didn't have a child of my own! It wouldn't have been for me. I want to look after dogs not kids!!
I have my stepson who lives with us and that's enough for me!
Just do what is right for you...just don't rush into anything, coz when it's here, you can't change it!!
Lol thankyou, yeah I know i need to take my time but t ive never thought I wouldnt have kids, I was broody when i was with my pig of an ex and that was 4 years ago Its just got really bad recently

I dont think I will ever not want kids and although i dont want all the sickness etc that comes with it - i cant wait to be pregnant and have a bump!
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2011, 03:26 PM
Originally Posted by Pawsonboard View Post
Yeah thats another thing that would appeal to me having a baby this young. Plus the way ive planned it (OH wants 3, id be happy with 2) When i have my first i want to wait till that one is in the last year of nursery before i conceive (or start trying) again, then wait the same time till we try for a third. So i have some time with just me and the baby while the others are at school/nursery etc.

Thankyou hun, im sorry youve had to go through all that but happy that youre happy now Ive already done the violent partner bit and got shot of him a few years ago. My OH now is fab but he has aspergers and adhd, as it runs into his family i know that any child we have will innevitably have difficulties of some description so I need to be prepared for that too

We spoke about it last night for about 3 hours and although i cant shake the broodyness neither of us are in a position to start trying really, OH wants to change jobs and at the moment im earning most of the money, because im self employed when I get preggers it will probably mean the end of my buisness as I run it alone. Also means the end of the money from my side which would make everything a struggle as it is.

Rationally i know we arent in a position to have or even start trying for a bub but can someone please explain this to my hormoes and womb?! lol

Not patronising at all this is what i need to keep drumming into my skull!! I just want the broodyness to go away for a couple of years
Know anyone you could babysit for, that will put you off ! my SIL before she had kids said she used to feel quite broody until she came round to my house lol
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-09-2011, 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by greyhoundk View Post
Know anyone you could babysit for, that will put you off ! my SIL before she had kids said she used to feel quite broody until she came round to my house lol
Thought that would work when i started dogwalking for a heavily pregnant family friend, now her twins are 2 and a half and I just love them. I was the first person outside her and her husband ( all other family are in america and scotland!) to hold their little girl and have seen them pretty much everyday since they came home from the hospital

I take the kids for walks and to the park and even when they throw the biggest tantrums it still hasnt put me off

Dirty nappies havent worked either
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

07-09-2011, 04:13 PM
My daughter was born the day before my 26th birthday and I was the oldest "new" mother.

My son was born two years and three months later and I was considered to be ancient.

Well I am an old woman now, but would have loved to have had more than just the two...
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2011, 04:31 PM
Aw hun, it's so hard wanting a baby but not being sure, I was broody for only a year before it was the 'right time' for us and that was hard enough!

I also had broody episodes when i was about 22, then 24 again but they passed Do you think it might pass? mine came and went? i rememeber distinctively thinking afterwards, thank god i didn't do it.

Only you know, but i'll tell you my tale...

I'm about to have my first at 28, and my hubby is 35, we've been married 6 months now. I wanted to wait till i was married, although I did get pregnant last year accidently on purpose (!?) forgot to take my pill away to Scotland for a week! But we lost that baby.

I wanted to wait till late into my twenties purely for money purposes I wanted for us both to be earning a decent wage and i only just fully qualified last year as an interpreter. My wage difference from when I was your age, to 6 years later now is nearly £15 grand, and my hubby has finally got the top job he deserves just recently. We both would have struggled so hard to do that with a baby..in fact i doubt i could have done it, my last year of training cost me over £3000. Now i can afford to take a full year off when the baby's born and go back just part-time and afford childcare etc... i couldn't handle the stress of having a baby but no money to do anything, go anywhere, buy anything, just work, work, work .

People say it might take longer to get pregnant the older you get but for us it literally happened the first month we tried, and i'd been on the pill over 10 years. Plus my hubbys a lot older haha. I've even heard friends say they don't want to wait too late incase they get stretchmarks because of their age??!!! What a load of rubbish, that's not true lol.

I'm happy i waited, even though the last year was VERY hard, i feel proud i waited and very happy and content with things right now (just the usual first time mum anxietys kicking in now, haha).

Only you can decide, people also say there's no right time but i honestly feel i've waited till a 'right time'...

Best wishes hun xxx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

07-09-2011, 04:41 PM
I am going to be the adoptive Grandma of all the Dogsey babies. I will love all your babies when they come.
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »