Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2005, 08:49 AM

Ava coat

Ava has dropped her coat and looks more like a Labrador at mo(no offence to labs) her coat seems dryish, any clues?
Louie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2005, 10:18 AM
Hi Sweep, my Holly is in beautiful coat at the mo, on her back and her two curtains on each side (which i,m going to have to trim shortly). I,m sure most bitches after having pups go through this stage of losing their coat and condition, you could try evening primrose oil and brewers yeast, both good for skin and coat, i,m hoping Holly doesn,t lose to much condition later as we would like to take her to Crufts next year. I was always told that bathing and using a good conditioner helped to ease dead coat out and stimulates new hair growth, so i do this when ours are changing coat and it seems to help
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2005, 10:22 AM
don't worry sweep pippa looks like a jack russell with long ears
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2005, 10:29 AM
I think so far I have been lucky with both Jasmine and Poppy, neither have dropped their coats after their pups, but my Rosie always used to! She used to look like a half starved street dog after her litters..lol. But not anymore, she's now a rather porky very hairy cocker spaniel!
Louie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2005, 11:04 AM
I,ve always been lucky in that Holly has never dropped her coat after seasons, but as she hasn,t had pups before don,t know what she will look like after her pups . Emma looked like a scrawny hen but since she,s been neutered her coat is in abundance
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2005, 11:13 AM
im so glad i have a short coat breed dog
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2005, 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by Louie
I,ve always been lucky in that Holly has never dropped her coat after seasons, but as she hasn,t had pups before don,t know what she will look like after her pups . Emma looked like a scrawny hen but since she,s been neutered her coat is in abundance

Same here Louie, it's only since Rosie was spayed that her coat is extra thick and she's gained weight.
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2005, 04:00 PM
I thinl it probably looks worse because Ava's coat is usually so thick, still think it is dry though and may try Evening Primrose - I am sure she has looked like this before though but an age ago Worry ...worry..