minty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

11-02-2005, 08:58 PM

good link about BSL canada pics at the end are horrific

have a look at this dial up beware

http://www.kerwoodwolf.com/PitBan2.html

also for those that have boxers they may be getting included in canada
.................................................. .................................................. ..........

This may well effect Boxers. The bill includes a defintion of a "pit bull" as:

(e) a member of a class of dogs that have an appearance and physical characteristics that are substantially similar to dogs referred to in any of clauses (a) to (d); ("pit-bull")

I think we all know how often Boxers are mistaken for pit bulls!
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-02-2005, 09:13 PM

there is a link with all the BSL plans. Boxers will be classed as a danagerous dog in New Mexico if it goes through. Its the US though not Canada.

http://www.napbta.com/bsl.html
PurpleJackdaw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2005, 09:14 PM
I see what you mean about the pics at the end
those poor dogs
why cant these people listen
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2005, 09:34 PM
The point is here as is stated dog fighting WILL continue...if they can't use pitts they'll use staffies or even rotties etc to fuel their sick 'sport'....the answer is in stopping these 2 legged monsters not banning any breed of dog
minty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

11-02-2005, 09:56 PM
Topic Review
Archer The point is here as is stated dog fighting WILL continue...if they can't use pitts they'll use staffies or even rotties etc to fuel their sick 'sport'....the answer is in stopping these 2 legged monsters not banning any breed of dog

yes Archer i agree but we also have to remember those wannabee dog fighters ...those that make heros out of dogfighters and dogs that have fought ....those that keep going on about gameness and breed them for gameness ..the people that will say i dont support dogfighting and wont fight my dog but will admire those that do and wish that they could ..
My father who died a couple of years back kept staffords so i have grown up with staffords ..my father was involved with every aspect of keeping staffords and sad to say i mean every aspect so take it from me i know what i am taking about when it comes to gameness and such and when you talk about gameness it leads to one thing ..put up or shut up
Annestaff
Supervisor

11-02-2005, 10:12 PM
I don't believe any breed is safe, bull breeds today where will it end?
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2005, 01:19 AM
this whole banning thing is stupid. They even said that in winnipeg dog bite statistics didnt go down, but actually went up after the ban!
There needs to be a bigger penalty for those who do mistreat their dogs or fight them. As i understand it there is a 6 yr jail time on anyone on fights dogs in usa, but i bet they dont have to serve nearly half of it!
Introducing stricter penalties would probably do more, not banning dogs!

those wannabee dog fighters ...those that make heros out of dogfighters and dogs that have fought ....those that keep going on about gameness and breed them for gameness ..the people that will say i dont support dogfighting and wont fight my dog but will admire those that do and wish that they could ..
i agree with u there minty! no doubt about it. they r just as bad
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2005, 09:21 AM
That's really bad.

Why don't they look at statistics and listen to the breed owners? Have they seen these dogs in their home environrment?

Some people need a really good smack around the head and boot up the butt to bring them to their senses
Meg
Supervisor

12-02-2005, 10:25 AM
This is dreadful and could so easily happen here..all you bull breeds people should mount a peaceful protest and email all your lovely pictures of dogs with children saying'Thought you might enjoy seeing these, this is what owning a bull breed means to us '
Annestaff
Supervisor

12-02-2005, 10:30 AM
Thet did that in Ontario Mini and guess what?, all the big wigs didn'y want to know Grrr!