Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2013, 05:50 AM

Morning; Sunday morning daily

Well Good Morning everyone done my one stint at the shelter and have to say the weather was terrible and a few of us volunteers stayed on due to the heavy showers. The
weather forecast said torrential and I would agree with that. I am up early after a late finish because the nuns (I know I know) are going to set up a drying centre somewhere people who sleep out can come and a get dry and have a warm drink even a meal they do porridge and well that's it really.
So I am off back out.
The weather is terrible wind is blowing the rain side wards I will be back later then, bit gift shopping and got the girls coming to make mince pies/jam tarts etc and a meal out tonight with friends (all being well)

I just looking for my other coat maybe two and another pair of jeans and hat because I am going to get soaked even going to the car. But at least I am leaving and returning to a warm house. See you later maybe 8-9am ish

Have a good day all and try to stay not only dry but relaxed if shopping.
DaisyD0g
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2013, 06:07 AM
Morning Kazz, I am still up on Saturday night, its only 10pm, watching a Harry Potter!!

Anyway, just to say you are doing a wonderful thing I hope you stay mostly dry!!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-12-2013, 07:37 AM
Morning Kazz and DD raining here too heavily but the wind has dropped it did pick up last night and once again I had to check the fences before letting Dillon out on his morning foray. Luckily that can be done by looking out from the dry of the conservatory.
Homelessness is one of the many things that gets to me but that particularly.

A day in today sorting the conservatory do we put the table out there for Christmas dinner when the family arrive Boxing day or leave it in the dining end of the kitchen. Either way the dishwasher needs plumbing in and the conservatory clearing and sorting.

I hope all poorly doglets and people are feeling better who were ill.
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-12-2013, 07:42 AM
Morning all, bit windy here but no rain.

Kazz it sounds like you have one very busy day, hope you enjoy and stay warm.

Lynn the conservatory sorting is one of my jobs for today too.

Hubby is in work today so I'm planning a pottering round and doing odds & sods kind of day
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-12-2013, 07:51 AM
Morning Cath good luck with the conservatory sorting.
Lynne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2013, 08:13 AM
Morning Kazz & everyone else. Good for you Kazz doing that charity work. It must be so satisfying especially at this time of year.
Have you finished watching Harry Potter & gone to bed yet DD?
It's still dark here. It looks as though it was raining during the night but has stopped now. I've just had my porridge & fed Taffy so he's happy now. He won't go out for his wee till he's been fed
Nothing much planned for today only I MUST do the wrapping. & I've got to go & collect a parcel from the local off licence. no it's not booze.
See you all later
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2013, 08:33 AM
Morning Kaz, Cath, Lynn, Lynne and everyone

What a wonderful thing you do there Kazz, top of my list are those poor souls, especially at this time of year when it's so cold and wet. Keep up the good work.

Good luck with all the sorting Lynn. We found our conservatory to be a Godsend as a dumping ground cos I've never yet used mine and there's no heating in there, so I keep it all shut up in winter. It currently houses the bathroom suite minus the loo which is now in situ where it belongs When Dave unwrapped our vanity unit, and carried it into the house he heard a big crash, and a huge chunk fell off the bottom corner of the unit itself, where it must have been dropped from a great height I rang them up and they're getting us another one, but when we went to put this big chunk back, half of it is missing and it's nowhere to be seen from where they originally delivered it all straight into the conservatory. Dave reckons that other half is in their an lol!

Night night DD, one day I'm going to watch one of those films, cos when channel hopping last night we had one on and I said to Dave it looked quite good, but I thought it was for kids, but then again......

Maybe get on with a bit of wrapping today Cath???? It's still making me laugh what you said about that cellotape - sorry!

Enjoy your running around last minute jobs today there Lynne and your walk with Taff. I did laugh about him dropping his ball yesterday for those blokes sitting on the bench!

I slept in till 8 am, that's unheard of. I'm still not happy with Zena, I think she's going to get another flare up, so tomorrow I'm either taking her or asking my vet if he will prescribe what I need, by way of those antacid tabs and maybe those other ab's to get me through Christmas. She's fine when out and about, but she's too darn quiet indoors and I know the signs.

Better get a move on now, so I'll try and catch up later if I can. Enjoy a lovely Sunday everyone
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2013, 08:43 AM
Morning everyone,
That's an an amazing thing your doing Kazz
My son comes home tomorrow for Christmas so I'd best sort his room as it's a dumping ground for things that I'm going to do later...and then don't get done such as ironing
My mum in law will be here with little Billy later for dinner , and as hubby is at work I need to do dinner( he usually cooks)
I need to find time to was kitchen floor too lol

I've asked daughter to clean her room......

Have a good Sunday everyone, whatever you doing xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-12-2013, 08:49 AM
Morning Lynne we believe you. I noticed the the day our local shop its called the superstore and its very small
has a sign up about parcels I shall look into that closer after Christmas.
Morning Helena. Oh no about the unit what a pain. Thank goodness they are replacing it with no hassle.
Poor Zena and you giving you worry just before Christmas.
I hope she perks up today and put your mind at rest.
Morning Mandy enjoy your dinner. Good luck with clearing sons room.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2013, 09:03 AM
Morning Kazz.
My turn to brag now because it is like spring here today, albeit a windy one
Morning DD, Lynn, Cath and Lynne, are you sure it's not booze you are collecting
Morning Helena and Mandy.
Hope you all have a good day, I will be in and out
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 > Last »